Monday, May 12, 2008

We were flyin

This last weekend I took the boys on the ward's father-son campout. Someone brought a boat, and Jake, Carter and I took a ride on the pictured towable. At the end, we hit a wave that launched us about 10 feet in the air. The picture shows us coming back down to the water. To the left in the blue shorts you see Carter's rear end - he managed to hold on as he got yanked back down to earth. To the right in the yellow shorts you can see Jake's legs as he makes his exit from the watercraft.
I loved it, though I don't think I'll ever get the boys out there again (I only got them out there in the first place by threatening to ground them if they didn't do it).

9 comments:

The Queen said...

Oh man, that is the funniest picture I have seen in a REAAAALY long time!

Thanks for posting. :)

Katie L. said...

I thought Carter was too big to get launched like that, it's incredible. And Rick, stellar piece of parenting. Threatening to ground them, I love it!

Tamara said...

the upside down body in the air. priceless. rick, way to fling your children from a moving watercraft. i know who gets my vote this year for father of the year.

Dee Lisonbee said...

Frankly I think you should get the Father of the Year award just for getting them IN the water craft - I saw how anxious they were to do the same thing in Denver so - Hail to you oh Father you are awsome

Courtney said...

Ya seriously, props to you for getting them out there. We tried REALLY hard to do it in Denver and in the end I think we got Carter out there for a 1 minute joy ride that matched the speed and intensity of "It's a Small World" at Disneyland minus the creepy singing dolls.

Katie L. said...

Courtney, you are hilarious! When are you coming to Dallas? How about tomorrow, I could use you!

Kristin said...

That is the coolest picture ever! I can't believe those legs in the air belong to Carter. So awesome! I can't believe someone managed to capture that moment on film either.

j-liz said...

Nice work Rick. However you have to get them out there is fine. It builds character, right?

Courtney said...

Kate, I'm not sure exactly when I'm coming out there but I do know it is not soon enough. I wish it was tomorrow because that would mean 1) I could hang out with you guys and 2) I wouldn't be in school or at work :)