Thursday, May 10, 2007

Carter's First REAL Date

It finally happened...after nine months of waiting, Carter got to have a date with his beloved Elizabeth. We invited them over for lunch (them being Elizabeth and her mom). Being the devoted parent that I am, I arranged for Bella to stay at Nana's house during the date so Carter wouldn't have to share his girl with Bella. Carter inquired ahead of time what Elizabeth wanted for lunch and she said shrimp. Yes, shrimp. Definitely the girl for Carter. So, they had shrimp, chicken nuggets, and popsicles for lunch. They were like two peas in a pod. Really, the most adorable thing to watch. Elizabeth's mom and I visited. They are a nice family. Elizabeth's dad is a pastor of a local church and we share very similar values. Carter has such good taste. Elizabeth is a tiny little thing with long blonde hair and big brown eyes. They played outside and inside and got along beautifully. Elizabeth has three brothers, so she's game for anything. I think the favorite was swinging on the branch of the tree out in back. Ahhhh, parting was such sweet sorrow. Carter could not take his eyes off her as she and her mom walked home. It was a date he will always remember...or I will, anyway. Maybe I'll take a picture of them and add it to the post...

5 comments:

Dee Lisonbee said...

Just want you all to know I have seen Elizabeth and the look in Carters eyes when HE sees her -
he is truly smitten

Katie L. said...

People, have any of you noticed that Carter is only 6? I was just wondering. I definitely want to see a picture of the girl who is stealing my little admirer away. If Carter doesn't run after me the next time I leave and scream I love you, I might get upset.

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtney said...

Nice, my 6 yr old nephew is getting more play than me...

Tamara said...

Ah the forbidden love. The Romeo and Juliet of it all. I can see the Emily Barret Browning-esque poems that they will pen to one another in crayon to bridge the gap across the miles.

Err...I mean...maybe I have been watching too much lifetime televesion? Perhaps there's a 12 step program for that...