Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Our Monkey

Does anyone remember when we were kids and we used to sit in the car while mom was inside somewhere and yell at unsuspecting people exiting the grocery store or wherever? I vividly remember one of Dale's friends yelling, "Hey you, yeah you" ...and then barking like a dog. Well, we live next door to a greenbelt, basically a big grassy area and my kids thought it would be really funny to climb on top of the block wall so they could sit on the wall and yell at the junior highers and older elementary school kids getting out of school. I heard something like this..."yeah, you, come back here you big fat lady..." (said by Jake to a scrawny looking boy). After I heard them yelling repeatedly whatever second grade insults they could come up with, I walked out to see what was going on. I had to catch myself from laughing as I told them to get down and stop yelling at people.
Anyway, last night when we got home, I was helping the boys brush their teeth when Bella came running inside telling me to hurry and come outside. By the tone of her voice, I could tell it was urgent...and I walked out to see Malia sitting on top of our block wall. SHE'S NOT EVEN TWO YET. She must've seen the other kids sitting on top of the block wall doing what I explained above and decided she could do it too. She had heard Nana and Papa and Mackenzie's voices and climbed up the wall to investigate. We had gone on a walk and Nana and Papa were returning home through our neighborhood. She was happy as a clam yelling, "Hi Papa, hi nana, hi Mackenzie..." I ran to get my camera and had the kids watch her so she didn't fall. In this picture, it looks like the kids helped her climb up there, but really, it was ALL HER!

4 comments:

Katie L. said...

Michelle,

That shot is one for the record books. I love it! You should blow it up and frame it for the little monster's room--and for future blackmail purposes. I really hope I don't get a kid like Malia, adorable as she is, I'd rather have a homely boring kid. Too bad I can't choose!

Courtney said...

I seriously love that story. I need kids so I can have funny stories like all of yours. This finding a husband thing is overrated, I'm going for artificial insemination. I'm not sure which I would prefer though - adorable monster/homely angel. I'll keep you updated on how that works out.

The Queen said...

Well you know what they say... "monkey see, monkey do."

Tamara said...

Your freaking kid rocks!