Monday, May 28, 2007

Guess who had a birthday?

The inevitable happened...Malia is officially two! She really got into the "Happy Birthday" song. Every once in awhile, I hear her singing, "Hap birthday to wia (her version of Lia)." She was so adorable with her cake and candles. We let her loose on the cake and she went straight for the gumdrops, stuffing them into her mouth until it was full. On a side note, as a special birthday surprise, Malia decided to be on good behavior in nursery. She was so good that one nursery leaders stopped me in the hall to tell me how good she was on Sunday and the other called me later that day to tell me. (This is the first time in nursery she's ever been "good" and it's only taken her six months! What a kid!) Anyway, hope everyone had a fabulous Memorial Day. Did anyone do anything exciting? I spent the day packing boxes and doing laundry. Now that's some kind of fun!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

What theme was that cake?

The Queen said...

Aww, she's so cute! I'm bummed we missed it. Would much rather have been there!

Michelle said...

Courtney...the cake was a castle with rainbow colors for decoration...

Katie L. said...

I spent memorial day shopping for plants and doing yardwork with my mom and sister. Not all bad, although is was hot and I am 5 months pregnant. It's actually not that hard to use a shovel when you have a few extra pounds on you! Unfortunately all that work was on my mom's yard, now I have to do mine!

Ginger said...

That cake is awesome. Your kids are so cute!