Wednesday, May 2, 2007

I'm pretty sure it can't get any worse

This is Kristin. I apparently need a helmet and a drool bib because I'm retarded when it comes to blogging. So if any competent first grader would like to show me how do blog on this crappin' site using my own name I'm available between the hours of none of your business and when hell freezes over!

So I just wanted to let the rest of my crazy family know just how great my life has been this past week...and it's only Wednesday! So to start off, last weekend I get a notice home from Mackenzie's school telling me the results for her GATE testing will be available in August. Great! I hope she gets into the program. Then Mackenzie proceeds to tell me that she didn't take the test. Why not?? I emailed her teacher to find out why she wasn't tested. Her teacher responds that forms were sent home a while ago and since I never signed them she wasn't tested. But she'll have another chance to test in 4th grade. What forms?? I never saw any. So I called the vice principal and the principal of her school because I want her tested. I don't want her to have to wait a whole year and miss out on a great opportunity if she qualifies for the program. And maybe she won't, but I at least want her to be able to take the test! They told me the same thing--but of course they had to point out that I'm the only third grade parent that didn't see the letter. Up yours! So since my brilliant older sister taught me that I don't have to take no for an answer I called the district supervisor. He gave me the same answer--I have to wait til next year or I can find a child psychologist that can administer the test to her and then turn the results in to the school and they will consider it. But of course he says he cant refer me to anyone that might even have that test.

I had 3 midterms this week. 2 on Monday and one on Wednesday. I completely bombed the second midterm. After I get home from school Monday I had to go pick up Mackenzie and my car decided that it didn't want to start...maybe because it has 105,000 miles on it. So it went in to the shop on Tuesday...$900 later it's running fine! Then the management company who handles my condo calls and lets me know my tenants are ducking out on their lease 2 months early and have no intention of paying the rent this month or next month. So not only am I short 2 months rent, I have to pay them $800 + to list my house again to get my condo rented...Good Times! So now I just want to ask... Is it over yet?

7 comments:

The Queen said...

Why did they send you a note telling you the results would be available if she never got tested??? Maybe their the ones that need the helmet and drool bib....

The Queen said...

Ack!!!! White trash!! I just used their instead of they're!!!! I'm so embarrassed and I can't go back and edit it!!!!!!!!!!

Tamara said...

OK I'm sorry to laugh at your misery but seriously I must have had like 30 "dolly relapses" about about the drool bib and the helmet. I even did the Kevin Haub laugh in celebration of the relapse. Bring on the Posts Kristin. Your brand of insanity is one I happily subscribe to.

Michelle said...

I hope you know that you are a glutton for punishment. Seriously, you don't think it could be worse...but you still have a WHOLE WEEKEND AHEAD OF YOU! So good luck! Just remember, I'm down the street if you need someone to slam your head in the door or something...Always there for you.

Katie L. said...

Kristin,

I'm sorry for your losses, wow that sucks. I hate it when I'm hemmoraging money.

Last week when I came home from New York Emma was waiting up for me and gave me a hug. She said a couple things and she looked and sounded so much like Kenze I thought for a minute I was in the wrong house. She always comes home acting like Kenze after we have seen you guys, but this time it was out of the blue. They are so much alike, I think we could switch and never know it. I guess Justin is the father.

Courtney said...

One time Michelle was upset about something, I don't remember what about exactly but I wanted to make her laugh so I ran full speed into the front door and collapsed on the ground. With the week you just described, I would gladly do that again.

Michelle said...

Courtney, I totally remember that and I remember laughing very hard. Although, I think it definitely has to be done at the Lisonbeaker house because hitting the door causes the house to shake like an earthquake. An added bonus, I think.