Wednesday, August 27, 2008

At long last...


Bella absolutely loves the camera. She was strikiing a pose for her first day of school. She chose this outfit when we were back-to-school shopping.

Jake was actually excited about going this year. He has friends in his class so he's not nervous about going.

I wanted to get all the kids together, but Jake elbowed Carter after this picture so he was down for the count and I couldn't get all of them in one shot. Right then I remembered how excited I was for them to go!

The kids normally take a bus, but I wanted to drive Bella to her first day of kindergarden. So, the boys and I walked Bella to her class where we were met by lots of other new kindergardners and their parents. We had to wait in line for awhile because the kids were let in one by one so they could get their name tags etc. Jake was waiting with me to walk her in, but Carter and his buddy Sammy ditched us immediately. Bella went in with no trouble. She introduced herself to the teacher and told me goodbye like she was hoping I'd leave sooner rather than later. After that, I walked Jake to his class. I saw Carter along the way, but he just kind of waved and went on talking to his friends. It was such a great drop-off! So much different than last year when the boys were at a new school where they knew very few kids. It's funny to me how much more independent my girls are than my boys...Carter normally likes me to hang around so he can give me hugs until I pry him off me. He took care of that before we left for school. The only thing that could've been better thant that is the next day when Malia went to preschool too! I'll post about that later when i have a picture to go with it.

5 comments:

jennifer said...

We pulled up to the school on that first day to see Carter and Sammy tearing across the lawn there in front of the teacher's parking lot. He sure looked happy to be there!

Cute pics. Happy first week of school. The freedom is great isn't it?

Katie L. said...

Bella is a piece of work. What a cutie. I love her little cheeks, something about them when she smiles just gets me. And what great style she has. I also love Carter's hair. There is nothing better than a little (or huge) boy with hair sticking up. I hope Nate's does.

Tamara said...

Let's hear it for you and your much needed respite. I expect you to post loads about your super cool kid free adventures so that those like myself who find themselves stapled to a couch feeding a child more often than not can live vicariously through you.

P.S. I can only hope that Elizabeth will have as much style as the belly dancer. Your kids are ridiculously cute.

Mandolin said...

What? You are a free woman. How cool is that!

Dee Lisonbee said...

wow - Bella looks like a fashion model. She has such a cute sense of color and style - and a personality to match. Jake and Carter look so grown up in their school clothes and Malia looks like she is ready to join the off to school crowd. Happy end to the days of summer and the School is In time.