Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Your sneak peek!

Hey you guys! First, I wanted to say thank you so much for all of your kindness, well wishes and prayers on our behalf. For some reason, we haven't gotten around to taking many pictures of her post delivery and I decided I'd spare you guys (and her) any gratuitous nudity. I did get this one this afternoon of her during her nap and so I thought I'd give you guys a sneak peek of the little nameless beauty. We just can't stop staring at her.



I have to say that this experience has been completely surreal. I was super spoiled in that I had the best coaching team in the world during labor. Nana was amazing...just a machine. She was so encouraging and she answered every question I had. Adam was calm, encouraging and patient every step of the way (and believe me, there were many) and was kind enough not to pass out during my epidural. I don't know what I would have done without both of them. Here is Adam getting ready to cut the cord and he wasn't even grossed out!



And here's Nana in her position of authority...right next to the warmer to make sure all was set up for beautiful Baby Braun's debut.



We promise to do a better job of taking pictures of her tomorrow when they send us home so, like it or not, we're gonna bombard you all more shots of Baby Braun. Hopefully she'll be awake and in her usual alert state. And they'll make us pick her name before we leave tomorrow so look for that big reveal as well. I can't believe we're parents but we're seriously unduly enamored with her. She's been a lot of fun so far and I can't wait till she gets to meet all of you.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for the pictures...we'll excuse you for taking so long if you post more tomorrow...What a beautiful baby. I'm so glad little Persephone will be going home tomorrow...I'll be waiting by my computer for more pictures...

Unknown said...

She looks so so beautiful in that up-close face picture. Her face looks so healthy and not like "squished" newborns sometimes look, you know? I'm glad you spared her the nudity, but I really can't wait for more pictures.

Love, Uncle Matty and Aunt Lisa

Katie L. said...

Um, Love Nana and Adam, but we want the BABY. Let me know if you need help because I have lots of good shots of our visiting!

Mark said...

We are so happy for you. I agree, bring on more pictures. By the way, Rufus Trabek is still available and I would be happy to give up the name to any one of my nieces.

Carrie L said...

Oh Tammy and Adam, she's beautiful! I can't believe you're not taking pictures non-stop! Please post more so we can ohh and ahh!

OlsenFam said...

congratulations...so cute!!!