Sunday, August 10, 2008

Voila!



Since I was last to whine about the hot weather and how impossible it was to cook, I thought I'd share what I came up with: An asian chicken salad that was easy as pie. It was so fast and easy to put together and Adam said he'd eat it every day for the rest of our lives. So, in an effort to help those of you who are also sick of the kitchen and can't tolerate the same old same old for one more day, here's what I did (obviously not rocket science but I thought it was a fun change of pace so if you hate it, I'm not offended):

In my crock pot, cooked 2 chicken breasts in a bit of soy sauce and freshly chopped garlic on high for 2 hours (no heating the oven/ stove/ kitchen up...woohoo!)

Chopped lettuce, sliced cucumbers, diced tomatoes, whatever fruits you like (I used mandarin oranges, pineapples and red grapes). For dressing, I made a glaze like topping with soy sauce, fresh minced garlic and pineapple juice. Toss, eat, and repeat. It was sweet, cool and DEE-LISH! Happy eating!

1 comment:

Adam said...

I really would eat it everyday...