Sunday, August 10, 2008

Yay for Babies!!!

For those of you who so rudely did not come to my baby shower (as if living in another state is any excuse :)...) I thought I'd post some pictures.



Here's the diaper cake our hostess made for me. Isn't it incredible? Made entirely of diapers (and a good kind of diapers, too!) I can't imagine how long it took her to assemble it but I'll be thanking her forever for it. Who knew I'd ever be so excited for diapers?



This cake was made by my great friend Becky who insisted EVERY treat at the shower be gluten free. She did such an awesome job. This is a double layer gluten free cake and the top is completely drenched in white chocolate. Talk about decadence!



Can you believe this?!? My friend Crystal made this and I just didn't even want to touch it because it was so cute! What a darling little baby buggy out of a watermelon! Where do we find people who are so creative? And everything tasted just as good as it looked.



I was going to post a bunch of pics of the people who were there but since you guys don't know most of them, I thought I'd post this (marginally humiliating) photo of me instead. One of the games at the shower was that you couldn't get caught saying the words "cute" or "baby" or else you lost one of your paperclips on your paperclip necklace. As the person opening the gifts, I assure you it's impossible to do and this picture captures the moment when I finally lost the last of my paper clips. See the girl next to me laughing at my blunder? Anyway, now you're up to date. See? It's almost like you were there, isn't it?

3 comments:

Katie L. said...

Besides the lame paperclip game, it was tons of fun! Thanks for inviting us Tams!

Lisa said...

I actually thought the diaper cake was a real cake (from far away) and I thought - WOW. What kind of friends does Tammy have! But then, looking at ther other pictures it is quite clear that you have really great friends.

But about your chocolate cake - what is all around the sides? What is it made of?

Courtney said...

Wow, your friends are classy. Do you think they'd be willing to host my baby shower if I ever decide to procreate? It wouldn't be for another 10 years or so, so they've got time to decide...