Thursday, August 28, 2008

Nana, come back!

So for just over 2 weeks, I had the splendid blessing of having mom out here with me. She was so great to have around that last week when Elizabeth decided not to come. Here's Nana and I the night we went to the hospital to be induced. Nana was trying to coax baby Ellie out...but to no avail.

Here's where Nana spent that whole night and all the next day while we waited and waited and waited for Ellie to come.

Needless to say, I may have panicked a bit when they kept monkeying with my meds and sticking an oxygen mask on me but there was Nana to calm me right down and explain everything in small words. Here we are just moments before our little girl FINALLY decided to make her debut!

Here's Nana and Ellie upon their first introductions. Nana was kind enough to tell me my baby was beautiful even when she was a bit cone headed and slimey.

This is Nana after staying up all night with my baby. Ellie hadn't eaten in like 6 hours and she was still totally content to just hang out with her Nana. It was adorable how she did whatever Nana said.

So we toasted her efforts with some pure chocolate. Mmmmm. Whipped cream...

But, as with all good things, this had to come to an end. We put Nana on her plane yesterday and off she went back home to the rest of you. I don't know what I would have done with out Nana for this whole experience. Quite frankly, I don't know how any girl goes through this with out her mom and ours is a registered nurse who is trained to do this.

My only consolation is that she'll be coming back in 3 weeks. The rest of you are all welcome. We'll take you all house hunting...er...on a tour of the neighborhood. wink wink. :) Adam, Ellie and I can't wait to see you again Nana. We love you!

4 comments:

Lyndee said...

I LOVE LOVE your mom. She is the the best ever!!! I used to live in her ward. I had twin girls and was getting zero sleep. WHen I called her at midnight one night because my husband and I were on our last nerve. she came over and spent the night with our girls so we could get sleep. She then took our girls to her house once a week overnight to help us get sleep. She had worked all day and came right from work to pick our girls up and watch then over night. She was the best blessing in our lifes. I will never forget what she did for me and my family. We will always love her for what she did for us.
Congratulations on your little girl. She is darling.

Carrie L said...

I don't know how anyone can have a baby without Dee either. She is the only reason I'm still sane! But sorry, Tammy, I'm glad to have her back. She's been missed here!

And P.S. you look awfully svelte!

Katie L. said...

Nana is the best. We were so glad to get a little good Nana time too! Come back soon, we'll always have room for you.

Dee Lisonbee said...

When I am having a rough day - or just want to feel great I will reread these comments...Lyndee - thanks so much for the kind words. I loved those nights with your girls - they are adorable and everyone knows I do nights better than days. We miss your little family. Carrie, I can hardly wait to see your little girls - and you and mark of course - but those girls are sooooo cute , the blog needs more pictures of your little ones too. Kate, I will always love you like one of my own and it was soooo good to have time to spend with you and yours - Tammy, "I wouldnt have missed it for the world", thanks for having me. Rosie is darling and obviously comes with a mind of her own which she demonstrated as her due date came and went, but then when she made up her mind to come - she didnt waste any time. Cute and opinionated - I wonder where she got that from. Adam, cant thank you enough for the pure chocolate - and the nights of sleep which were surely unexpected but very welcome. I am really looking forward to coming back - with Papa this time...