Sunday, August 31, 2008

Soccer anybody????

So, Bella and Carter will be playing soccer this year. The President of the soccer club also happens to be the primary president of our ward and has six children of our own. She called tonight to tell us that there are not enough coaches and wondered if either Rick or I would like to coach. My immediate response was, "heck no!" followed by how busy I am followed by the fact that I know nothing about coaching a soccer game. So, why am I even considering it? I don't know, but I am. I looked online and there are all kinds of guides to coaching soccer. The lady stressed that it is mostly fun at this age. It's a shorter season and there's only one practice per week. I think I could do it. Do I want to? Not particularly, but I really want Bella to play. I probably won't ever be able to coach the boys because, let's be honest folks. This is Clovis, the sports fanatic capital of California. There are some intense parents out there. Hmmmm....I'm still thinking about this. I have no more excuses of babies, since Malia's 3 now. I also don't have the excuse of not having a husband around, because he is. I'VE RUN OUT OF EXCUSES!!!!!

5 comments:

Katie L. said...

Michelle, fake sick. Surely there is something. Tell them you have chronic fatigue. I'm sure you'll pull it off and make it look easy though, so have fun.

Robb said...

Oh come on...How bad can it be? Soccer guides? You won't have any problems as long as you WIN!!!

Unknown said...

Well, just fly courtney in for the weekends. We all know she is the best Coach around. Really, what could be more fun than watching a bunch of kids chase a ball around while you keep blowing a whistle and yelling. Hey, maybe you could remember your Bulgarina phrases you used to yell at my games. Plus, if you are the coach, at least you wont have to be the team mom.

j-liz said...

Matty raises many valid points here. Blowing a whistle and yelling at kids is definately a plus. And if one of them starts to mouth off, send them on a lap or tell them to drop and give you 20.
This weekend I doing some drills with Em and Camille to get them ready. They have both said that they want to play. I can't wait to see them out there.
They are going to come to my game tonight. Hopefully it gets them more excited to play. As long as I don't get sucker punched like the last game Emma came to.

Ginger said...

I love that you are out of excuses. Do it!