Monday, August 11, 2008

Three Degrees of Art

We've been wanting to add some artwork to our home, and we finally have a couple nice items to put up on the walls. What we've got here is 3 degrees of art: (1) our beautiful girls. Really, could they be more lovely? (2) Judy's photography, which as you all know is exceptional. (3) My handcrafted picture frames, made of curly maple (see the ribbony/rumply satiny quality to the wood?) surrounded by African Mahogany. We have pics of the boys as well, for which I'll be making different frames of African Mahogany and Maple.


And here's a pic of another frame I have been working on for a while, again featuring Judy's photography. This one is made of Purpleheart, a naturally purple wood (I didn't stain it this color) with maple inlays.

5 comments:

j-liz said...

Michelle, those look great. I have been looking around my office lately and the walls are a little bare. Stuff like that would really help out.
So, I think you should bag the whole nursing thing and start a side business of picture frames. You and Judy could refer business to each other. I'll be your first customer.

Tamara said...

Did you take a class or something? Those are brilliantly amazing! I can't stop staring...

I'll get in line right behind Justin. I'm over looking for junkie art for my still naked walls after a whole year in our house and if it's not too much trouble, I'd like something (picture Uncle Eddie here) REALLY NICE.

Lisa said...

Rick, that is awesome. I remember the whole dresser (it was a dresser, right?) victory, but I didn't realize that wood was something that you worked with often. I'm sending Matt down there...

Courtney said...

Dude Rick, you have some mad skills. Maybe you could get a little (10 year) head start on a bedroom set for my wedding gift. Much appreciated...

Carrie L said...

Rick, those are absolutely gorgeous! You should start your own business!