Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween



Here are the Edwardson children all dressed up for Halloween. It was really fun this year. Thursday night there was a ward Halloween party which was mediocre, but I took Malia around trunk or treating and she kept saying, "This is so fun Mom!" all excited at ever single trunk! It was so cute. On Halloween Day, the kids had the day off. We spent the day carving pumpkins and eating roasted pumpkin seeds. They were so tasty! The kids wanted to trick-or-treat with their friends, so we headed over to the Ward/Christopherson neighborhood where there were about a zillion kids. Since it wasn't dark yet, we dined on fabulous homemade soups and bread before heading out to the streets. The kids had a great time and got way too much candy. We let them eat whatever they wanted on Halloween, quite a bit on Saturday and Sunday and then last night, when the kids were sleeping, the Great Pumpkin came and took all their candy to other boys and girls who needed it. (Jake actually picked four pieces out of his pumpkin and then told me I could do whatever I wanted with the rest of it on Halloween). What is wrong with that kid???? Carter and Bella were sorely disappointed but when I wouldn't budge with my Great Pumpkin story, they dropped it...Bella even told our friend that she saw the "Great Pumpkin." He he.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Does this mean she won't love the Charlie Brown "Great Pumpkin" movie? Tragic.

Courtney said...

You would regulate candy consumption with a made up story about the "Great Pumpkin." I actually might be tempted to do the same, except in my case I would be confiscating it for my personal stash and not for the candy-less children in the world.

I'm already a bad mom and I don't even have children...not a good sign.

j-liz said...

Love the costumes. I wish I could have a light saber battle with the boys.