Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My son...the forger

Yes folks, like mother, like son. At Jake's teacher conference last week, she showed me a card that he was supposed to have me sign. He forgot about it and was panicked the next morning. He was so afraid he would get in trouble that he signed it for me. Of course it looked nothing like my signature, so the teacher asked him about it and he said, "My mom was too busy to sign it so she said for me to sign it for her." I could not even hide my laughter. I thought it was so funny. What a crack up. We, of course, discussed it when I got home, but still, pretty funny, huh??? The other VERY SURPRISING element of his teacher conference was that she said she had to place him at the front of the room because when she moved him back, he was too chatty. She said he would even try and slump down in his desk and read a book or play or whatever, thinking she couldn't see him. Ha ha! That kid has some nerve! I wonder where he got it from!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Like nephew, like aunty. Wait, I mean...Mom, I never did any of that stuff. Unless of course you knew about any of it, in which case I have an explination.

Dee Lisonbee said...

what goes around comes around ---now you see the dilemma , is it right, no, is it funny, yes - I am so proud