Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas at Nana and Papa's







This was our first year at Nana and Papa's in FOREVER. A good time was had by all. We watched Christmas Vacation and laughed ourselves silly. Seriously, does that ever get old? Steven got to watch it with commentary by a few of the Lisonbees which always helps. Some of my favorite parts about Christmas this year were Matty and Lisa surprising us and bring Sarah to play. I think I'm Sarah's favorite auntie...I could be wrong, of course, but I'm pretty sure. Matty played all kinds of games with my kids which was really fun for them. Brett is currently between jobs and so he was around a lot which was so much fun for the kids. He helped them make gingerbread houses, watched movies, made them hot chocolate, and let Carter play his guitar. Courtney is always good for some entertainment. Besides wearing her "footie" p.j.'s, she took Bella to the mall for some girl time, made a gingerbread house with a "shingle roof" and hung out with us even though we're not very cool. We had lots of SORRY tournaments including Mark referring to us as "varments" (sp?). I think Matty is the king of Sorry though because he would never go "home". He would keep going around and around chasing players down until he killed them. Even when he was killed, he loved it because that's the object of the game, I guess. We did some baking with nana and the kids. Courtney made these yummy rolo cookies which were inhaled rather quickly. Nana and Papa went overboard spoiling us all while we were there. It was really fun. Rick's mom came over and spent some time with us too. She loves being in the midst of complete chaos so Nana and Papa's house is perfect for her. I bought myself a little bling for christmas. Come on now, I've been married for almost 10 years, I have to wear a wedding ring. I picked this one out myself. I almost forgot...for everyone's christmas enjoyment, they (I wasn't there) broke out the home videos from Christmas past...Apparently it was 3 hours of pure Lisonbeaker children at their finest. I'm sorry I missed it. Although, it might've been very damaging for my children to see me like that. Anyway, that's a synopsis of the Edwardson Christmas. We are back in Fresno now enjoying all the fun toys we got for Christmas...

5 comments:

Tamara said...

I couldn't be more jealous. Dang that looks like fun. No place like the Lazerbeams for Chrimmitime! Coachney needs to give me some tutoring in Gingerbread House making. And you guys busted out the Lazerbeam home videos? Priceless!

Rock on. Where are we having Christmas next year since Nana and Papa are ditching us?

Lyndee said...

I love the ring. It is beautiful. I am so glad you had a fun Christmas. Your family is so much fun. I miss your mom like crazy she is such a great women.

Stephanie said...

Nice work on the Gingerbread houses! Michelle, I LOVE your ring, it's beautiful!

Katie L. said...

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Carter looks like he is thinning out! Where does the time go? I also like the bling. Where did you get it? I've seen similar ones. We are ready to see everybody again.

Courtney said...

Ya Christmas was good times. Gingerbread houses, Sorry, Twister, Rolo cookies...it was all highly entertaining. You forgot one thing though. Me dressed as Eddie when he's emptying the bleeper, hula hooping. That was fun stuff.