Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Heloooooooooooo....

Just thought I'd ask...what is wrong with everybody? I am the only one posting and I don't even have a camera to post cool pictures...

So, today I finished my political science class. It didn't even kill me. I am still alive to tell about it...and a lot more knowledgeable about the current people running for president. My next class is Chemistry. I'm so looking forward to blowing something up. That is chemistry, right?

In other news, I was wondering if anyone has ever seen an elf on crack? I have. His name is Carter. Last night at the Christmas program Carter was seriously acting like he was on something. He was wearing a Santa hat (which made me think of Santa's little elves). He was so crazy that when we were walking out, the guy behind Carter just kind of backed out of the way so Carter didn't run into him as he ran, jumped, twirled, etc. and laughed that "I'm glad he's not my kid laugh." The funny thing is that Carter has a friend in his class who is also in our ward and he and Carter are seriously kindred spirits. They look so similar they could be brothers and the ACT EXACTLY THE SAME. Seriously, who knew there were two Carters in the world and who knew some poor sap would get stuck with both of them in her class? I love public school...

Carter is a good one for information though...today as I was sitting there with him doing his homework ( I have to sit right next to him and literally put his pencil on the paper about a hundred times before he gets it all done) and he said, "Mom, at recess me and Jake chase girls." Who knew? I didn't know they even knew girls existed? All this time I assumed they were playing football. I asked Jake if it was true and he said no and got all embarassed about it, so you know it's true. He got really crazy when Carter told me that Jake likes to chase "Taylor" who I happen to know is an adorable little blonde girl in his class. And then, I told the boys it was no big deal, that girls are silly and like to chase boys sometimes. Carter asked me if I ever chased boys when I was young and then he asked why girls just didn't go talk to the boys? Oh, the games they we play...even at age 6.

Has anyone ever heard of a service dog that helps people with panic and anxiety attacks? Me neither, but there is such a thing. A lady in Walmart today stopped me to talk about her dog that is certified to help her with panic and anxiety attacks. That's not all she told me. TMI folks...So the Christmas season is in full bloom. I have done all my shopping and wrapping and today I did my last grocery shopping until after christmas so I won't have to brave any stores until after the holidays. Now, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the season...Tis the season.

Somebody start posting right now....

5 comments:

Katie L. said...

I hate you, I hate you, I hate you. I haven't gotten one SINGLE thing done!! I was going to go out tonight, but Nate got shots today so I held him for hysterical fits of crying from 6-9pm. So much for that plan. Then I sat down to shop online--the stuff I wanted to buy (almost every single stinkin' toy) was temporarily unavailable. My stockings still aren't finished, despite my best efforts. I've barely seen Justin who is buried in his books poor guy and so none of us is having any holiday fun. And every time we try to do something festive with the kids they whine and fight until we wonder why we tried in the first place. Is this supposed to be fun? Because I feel more like crying. My children will only remember me as a basket case who couldn't finish anything. I'd love to sit back, relax, and enjoy the holidays but I can't even get away from Ashley long enough to wrap the two presents I bought while I was out doing something else. How do people do it? Am I the only retard?

Katie L. said...

P.S. I've posted some pictures on my blog, I just don't have enough time to sit at the computer for double posting. And don't ask me what I've been doing because I couldn't tell you, and DON'T ask what my house looks like, because I don't want to talk about it! Merry Christmas, holy freak, where's the tylenol?

Tamara said...

Kate, perhaps now would be the time to remind you that you're beautiful.

Courtney said...

Ya Kate, and dead sexy. I mean...what?

And Michelle, I sure hope Jake and Carter's version of tag is different than the one we played in my days of elementry school. We used to get in trouble with the "yard duties" for playing kiss tag with the boys. Good times running for your life from the ugly ones and skipping ever so lightly from the cute ones :)

Stephanie said...

Interesting about the dog that helps people with anxiety attacks... never knew there was such a thing either. That's pretty impressive. and Carter... wish I could've seen that program! lol