Tuesday, January 8, 2008

30 and Never Hot-Hot-Hotter

I just wanted to give a quick shout out to that smokin hot stick of dynamite you all know as Katie. She turned the big 3-0 today. It hasn't fazed her in the slightest. She does have has an unfair advantage that I made reference to in the title. Let's be honest, 30 has been extremely kind to her.

I'm not sure how I ever convinced her to go out with me. I must have caught her at a bare cupboards moment in college when a cheap dinner was worth sub-par company. It was either that or the fact that I abused my authority and rigged the hometeaching assignments. I am a little fuzzy on the details at this point. Whatever it was 9 years and 4 kids later I still can't believe that shes mine.

So to the adorable, intelligent and talented Katie, Happy 30th Birthdee!

10 comments:

Dee Lisonbee said...

Good Job Justin and we are grateful that you did whatever you did to convince her to marry you - shes terrific and 9 years and 4 kids later we too are grateful you guys found each other and HBD Katie wish we could watch the kids while you guys party but we can see it in our minds and believe me, it is breathtaking. We love you.

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Kate! I never realized how close in age we are. Hope you have a good one!

Tamara said...

Happy Birthdee Kate! I remembered it was your birthdee yesterdee but didn't get home in time to call you before I thought I'd be waking your kiddos up and that's not a real nice B-day surprise, now is is Clark?

Anyway, I miss the good old days of eating brownies at Applebee's and waiting for Justin to get off work. Or stopping by Campus Craft and Floral to give you a shout out. Hope the good times continue and that it was a magnificent one.

Dale said...

Yo. Good to have you join the soon-to-be geriatric club with the rest of us. Maybe it's the sadistic side of me, but I love it as all you young bucks join me in the 30s. Can we all agree that it stops there and goes backwards or holds for quite a while?

Katie L. said...

Thanks guys! I'm proud to call myself a Lisonbeaker, it's a good crowd!

Courtney said...

Ya, Kate is hot. I mean...what?

Mark said...

Yes, she is a beauty. Remember, the reason she stayed with you is she saw my "Pretty Lady" dance and knew she had to be related to someone who could dance that well. On second thought, your lucky that dance didn't kill the whole relationship

Michelle said...

Hap, hap, happy birthday Kate. Hope dessert with the girls was fun. I wish I was there. Instead, I'm here on my healthy no sugar and nothing else tasty diet without even diet Coke to drown my tears in...

Katie L. said...

You want something you can be proud of, don't you Michelle-Russ?

Lisa said...

I'm a few days behind, but wanted to wish you a happy birth week. You definitely make 30 look good.