Thursday, January 24, 2008

Isn't this lovely?



This is our carpet upstairs (it looks a lot worse in person)... this morning, I had to rush the girls to the doctors office because I went upstairs after hearing Brooke screaming, "owee in the eyes!" Evidently, they had gotten into the chemicals used for Brandon's fish aquarium. They were COVERED in the blue stuff and Brooke had rubbed her eyes and gotten it in them. Brittany was sitting there happy as ever chomping on a candy cane covered in the blue stuff. I flushed Brooke's eyes out best I could and tried to wash the stuff off, then rushed them to the doctors office. Thankfully they're fine. The doctors office called Poison Control and all I had to do was have them stand in a shower for 15 minutes - which was a whole other experience... two screaming toddlers, terrified of taking a shower, both screaming their heads off while I'm trying to keep them both standing under the water. Not fun! I'm just glad they're fine now. What a crazy morning though, that's for sure. They will be permanently stained on some parts of their body for a long while probably and we're in need of new carpet now, but all is good. I NEVER had to deal with stuff like this with Brandon, he was always so cautious... the girls though, that's another story!

5 comments:

Tamara said...

Steph, I just have to say that I apologize on behalf of Dale. You see, Dale was clearly unrighteous in the pre-existence and now you're paying for it. Just kidding.

That is so frustrating for you though. I'm so sorry!

Courtney said...

Steph, you are going to be blessed for the torture you're currently enduring sometime. I don't know when and I don' know how but I am positive you will be.

Dale said...

Obviously, they do not take after their angelic father. :)

Michelle said...

you've sure got a lively crowd there!

Katie L. said...

I don't understand why you don't sound mad at all. I'm pretty sure if that were me my throat would hurt from yelling. Perhaps I need medication...