Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Let's hear it for the cheeto car...


Yes, Jake participated in the Pinewood Derby too. Is that even how you spell Derby? I don't know. Whatever. The award he won was "Most like a a cheeto..." Hmmm....I don't know how I should feel about that. Rick was just hoping he wouldn't be completely humiliated. Turns out, it was pretty ugly, but it won a few times. The pinewood derby, itself was pretty fun...for the first 45 minutes or so, but after 2.5 hours, we were so done. The kids loved it. They could sit right by the track and cheer for their cars. Anyway, just goes to show...so Jake's wasn't the prettiest, but it was pretty fast!

6 comments:

Tamara said...

Mmmm. Cheetos. Makes me hungry.

Way to go Jakey! I love it. Come to think of it, my car could use a paint job. Is Jake avaiable for a bit larger of a job?

Dale said...

Our derby lasted FOREVER too.

Katie L. said...

Yeah, the car could use a little help, but the granite countertops look nice!

The Queen said...

I remember going to my brothers' pinewood derby(ie?)s. They were so much fun... as a kid. Love the car, Jake.

Adam said...

My car always got whipped. I'd end up beating the kid that just opened the car box, added the wheels, and threw a sticker on it--but that's it. At least my car did have a sweet paint job. We called it The Flash. Now that I think about it, I don't think I put an ounce of sweat into any part of that car. Gotta love scouts!

Stephanie said...

niiiice... looks like Jake had fun painting the car and getting it ready. That's what counts the most anyways, that the kids enjoy the whole process.