Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Piece de Resistance

Here it is, the project that I've been working on for the past year, my magnum opus. It's a six drawer dresser made of African Mohogany. I made it 100% from scratch. The drawer faces are all from the same 16-foot long board, and the grain pattern is incredible. The pictures really don't do it justice, but here are a few.

I added some Walnut inlays on the top, as pictured below, and on the legs.




Here are a couple more shots showing a little more of the grain pattern, which has touches of gold in it.


Plus, the drawers extend 100% on fully hidden sliders.

11 comments:

The Queen said...

Wow, Rick, that turned out beautifully!

Dale said...

Jerkface! Rub it in! Fine. I concede. I have not carpentry talents.

Nice work!

Lisa said...

That is gorgeous. You're right about the grain - it is incredible! I didn't know you were so skilled.

Rickterscale said...

that's what she said

Adam said...

Rick, I'll pay you to build one for us.

Katie L. said...

It's beeuteeful Clark. My favorite part is that it's all self-taught.

Tamara said...

Um wow Rick. Zoiks. That really is beautiful. I'm seriously just baffled that you did that with your own two hands. Bravo. So...is it something you can be proud of Russ?

Courtney said...

I'm not sure if I'm more amazed at how awesome that dresser looks or distubed that Rick used the "that's what she said" line...

j-liz said...

Well said coach. The dresser is beautiful but did Michael Scott build it? Good work Rick.

Carrie L said...

All I can say is "wow". I'm totally speechless after that!

Stephanie said...

Wow, that's really nice. Great job!