Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What the @#$% is going on here?


Hey...how do you like this picture? Malia broke her elbow. Seriously, is this some kind of joke? I got to walk all over hell's half acre today from the pediatrian's office across town to the x-ray office, and finally to Children's Hospital so Malia could get her arm fixed. Picture this...me hobbling with my newly sprained ankle (which is, incidentally twice the size of that picture I previously posted and much more colorful) in and out of pediatric offices with my two-year-old holding her arm and inconsolable because that's the arm with the thumb she sucks! It was a real nice surprise. She chose the bright pink "band-aid pink gas" (as she calls it) all by herself. Now for three weeks, I have to make sure nobody stuffs coins, legos, or anything else down it so it can heal.

On the brighter side...we finally got the toothbrush out of the toilet! A friend and I tried to do it with a garden hose, but we gave up and called a plumber who brought his trusty "snake" (sound familiar Dad?) and got it out. While I was inside trying to keep off of my ankle, Carter thought it would be funny to throw the toothbrush back in the toilet...just for kicks. I was FURIOUS! Thankfully, it was just in the basin, he hadn't flushed it yet. But seriously, is this series of events some sick joke OR WHAT!

15 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like you guys are having a crazy time! How did you sprain your ankle? Hope you're puttin' lots of ice on that, looks painful!

derwhiz said...

Might I suggest an exorcist?

Tamara said...

Is anyone else that wants to know how Malia managed to break her poor little arm?

Dee Lisonbee said...

well Michelle that is SOME cast. Kristin and I have a few concerns, mine is that the other kids will be bruised and battered when Lea figures out what a great weapon she has in that cast. Kristins is that Lea is going to be most upset when she figures out that the cast is not coming off any time soon and we all know how pleasant Lea is when she isnt pleased.......

Dale said...

This is Steph, not Dale. Yeah, I'm with Tammy... how did she do that?! AND, how did you sprain your ankle, Michelle? Glad it's you and not me. I've had that happen a few times and it's NOT FUN!

Dale said...

It's me again, (Steph). Malia's hair is getting so long!!!

Courtney said...

You guys better sign that baby and then shadow box it with a picture of her wearing it.

Courtney said...

ps who is this derwhiz person?

Lyndee said...

WOW is all I can say. You are one strong women for doing all that. I would be crying if I had to walk on a hurt foot let alone carry a crying child. I am so sorry. How did it happen?

The Queen said...

lol, your mom is right, the other kids better watch out! And I cannot believe Carter threw the toothbrush back in there!!!!! What was he thinking????? I hope your ankle is better this morning!

Tamara said...

Coach, derwhiz is your father!

Katie L. said...

Michelle,
Too bad you can't drown your sorrows in Diet Coke. How is the purifying diet coming? Any improvements yet?

Michelle said...

Thanks for your sympathies everybody. About Malia's arm...the doctor said it is a very typical injury from a fall...even a little fall. Rick was putting the kids to bed while I put my foot up on the couch downstairs so I really don't know what happpened. I didn't see it. She was crying when Rick put her to bed, but she fell asleep quickly. Later she woke up holding her arm. That's when we knew something was wrong but it was too late at night to do anything about it. Too bad because Rick would have taken her and I wouldn't have had to spend the whole next day doing it...Isn't parenthood grand?

Ginger said...

That is really sad! But Malia looks very cute with the cast!

Carla said...

Unlike Judy, I *can* believe that Carter tossed a toothbrush back into the toilet. :) And I have sympathy for Malia; no thumbsucking, just when she needs it most! This may break her of the habit if she can't get that thumb into her mouth.