Monday, January 14, 2008

Well, this being my first attempt at posting and not just commenting I have received permission from Kristin (who would have done it herself if she knew how and who will be learning soon) to publish their date for their wedding. She prefaces it with they have submitted their papers to have their respective sealings broken but on the advice of her bishop and his bishop they are not waiting for the clearance to get married so their date is May 31, Saturday morning, a ring ceremony/wedding vow exchange here in valencia then off on a honeymoon after a brunch/reception for the families that are able to attend. They are aware that cost is high and if there is a choice between attending this ceremony or attending their sealing (whenever it is) they would love to have everyone that can, come to the sealing. That said, anyone who is able to attend the union on May 31 would be most welcome and is certainly invited. Second, I am becoming increasingly concerned with Bretts total lack of direction and I dont know how to help
him -would you guys make this a matter of prayer, as I am, that I may be able to know how to
help him or even if this is the right time for me to approach this--thanks, you guys are great.

12 comments:

j-liz said...

Thanks for the heads up on Kristin and Brett. We will get to work on both and see what we can do from CO.

Tamara said...

We'll keep Brett a matter of constant prayer. As for the wedding, we'd really REALLY like to be there. We'd hate to have to pick one family activity over the other as I know there is a question of both vacation time and finances. With the wedding, Flagstaff and mom and dad's mission farewell, I am worried about us out of towners running into some resistance here at the office about being gone so much.

I know most of the in town Lisonbees will be ok on that font but do any of the out of town Lisonbees have any suggestions?

Dale said...

I have to say that I'm positive there is no way we can get out there 3 times. There are a number of constraints on that - time off work and money among others. Things before June 30 are particularly hard for us because I just started a new job and the fiscal year ends June 30. I need to make my hours at this place. I don't know how, if at all, that factors into anything for scheduling stuff, but that is where we are at.

Dale said...

This is Steph... I'm too lazy to sign in to my account and since Dale's already on -

When is the Flagstaff trip again? Please tell me it's BEFORE June 30th... I really need a vacation!

Dale said...

whoops, I'm retarded... I meant AFTER, not before... after. Please let it be after.

Katie L. said...

The weeks we requested for Flagstaff were the last two weeks in June, I'm sorry! I need to call them and find out what is going on. We'll definitely pray for Brett, and for ourselves that we will not have to miss all this fun stuff!

Mark said...

With the wedding, missionary farewell and eventually a temple sealing all coming up. I think maybe we should seriously consider cancelling Flagstaff or possibly making that the "MUST COME" gathering. Because I think it would be great for everyone to all get together, so let's make a unified decision. It is just not reasonable to expect everyone from out of town to hit all four activities.

Katie L. said...

Mark I love this plan. I would hate to come out and miss some people who came at a different time!

Mark said...

Another thought to throw out there. The farewell may not be this year, so if Flagstaff doesn't look like it is going to work out then maybe just have everyone some money for a Christmas gathering. Maybe we all do Disneyland for a couple of days againg. Just a thought....

By the way Katie, we are so impressed with all the time and effort you have put into the Flagstaff family vacation. It is an awesome idea and quite an undertaking.

Tamara said...

Christmas in Cali? BINGO!

I agree with Mark about Kate. Hats off to Kate for being the spearhead of a good old fashioned Griswold family vacation. Proud to be a Griswold!

Lisa said...

I don't know if everyone is leaning one way or another, but I think AZ is definitely one of the more difficult trips for us since I am out of vacation time and Matt may be changing jobs. Anything in CA is great since we can usually at least squeeze out a long weekend, but of course, we are really lucky that we are so close - so I can't really complain!

Stephanie said...

Christmas in LA and going to Disneyland during that time sounds like A LOT of fun! I've been wanting to take the kids to Disneyland since all three right now are at the perfect age for it and they'd have even more fun there if they could go on rides with all their cousins! So, I'm definitely in... haven't talked to Dale yet and not sure about his work stuff, but I hope it works with him so we could plan that. I'd really like for all the kids to get together again.