Sunday, January 6, 2008

I had a dream - and somebody please turn off the bubble machine

Mom - the title was for you.

OK, so two things of interest for me this past week. One, was highly amusing to me, and begs sharing. So, I had a dream last week. It was short and sweet. I was sitting on a bench or a row of chairs, most likely in church, but I don't recall too well. Justin was there, along with one of his friends. His friend turned to him and said something like, "I forget what the dynamics are with you and your brothers...." The clear implication was that he forgot "who was who" so to speak. So, with one short phrase, and a gesture, I explained it to him. Rounding my hand into a sort of half-sphere, I hit myself on the chest twice (Mark-style) and, while clearly referring to myself said with a perfectly straight face "Oldest, buffest." And that was that.

The second was less amusing to me. It goes something like this. We kept the girls home from church today. So when I got home and found all 3 girls napping, I decided to let Steph continue to sleep while I fed the kids lunch. I went upstairs to get the girls up and found that they were already up. I could hear that before I actually go into the room, but figured it couldn't be that bad, whatever it was they were up to. Of course I was wrong. I walked in and, there to greet me from yesterday, are all the bloody (literally) handprints all over one wall from their nap yesterday when Brooke's nose was oozing bloody snot. They decided it made good wall art, so, reverting to their cave woman instincts, they decorated their abode. So, back to today, I walked into the bathroom and found one of the few things left in the adjoining jack and jill bathroom. Keep in mind, the door to the toilet/shower part of the bathroom has been locked as a preventative measure, and the water to the faucet in the sink which they can access has been shut off, based on a prior experience. So, today, I walked in to find the nice ceramic soap dispenser cracked on the floor. Brittany had her feet on the cabinet and was playing with the liquid soap that was all over the counter and was decorating the mirror. In the process of getting her down and looking over my treasure of a mess that was there, I learned that they had quite a bit of soap on themselves and the one rag in the room. So, I turned the water back on and started the clean up process. There was so much bubbling from the soap on the counter and in the sink that it took forever to get that out just to have a cleanup sink to work from. Several minutes later, I came downstairs with the girls to tell Stephanie what HER daughters had done, because MY daughters never would have done that.

6 comments:

j-liz said...

Steph, I'll back Dale up on this one. He would never make a mess while his parents weren't looking. Especially not with a spoon and some boysenberries.

Tamara said...

Nor would he ever fling peas out into the backyard. So pretty sure you're to blame here, Steph-mo.

Dale said...

I may or may not remember anything about boysenberries. However, I definitely do not remember anything about peas in the backyard. Framed I tell you, framed!

Stephanie said...

flinging peas out in the backyard, eh? sorry if my typing is horrible... i'vegot both thegirls on my lap and not enough elbow room to type accurately. hmmmm... even though Dale can't remember the peas episode, I do believe what Tammy says because I am witness to Dale not eating his peas... he hates peas.

Michelle said...

Clearly you have more problems than you are aware of...good thing you have siblings to set you straight.

Dale said...

I'm telling you, it's senility setting in early.

Oh, while we're on the topic (of aging, that is) I decided I was going to go onto the roof to fix something this weekend. Folks, for those of you who haven't seen our house, the pitch on it is something like a right angle (like straight up). So, I stood there on one edge contemplating how in the world to get up there. I was figuring that I probably could get up there. So I took a lot of first steps (kind of like most of us have read 1 Nephi several time). However, I never really got to step two. The thing is, I was pretty sure I could get up to where I needed to get without killing myself. But, I was much less confident that I could get down safely. So, I decided to call it a day after about 30 or 60 minutes of thinking and trying that first step. So, that night, I woke up and got out of bed and my stomach hurt so bad. The think that made it hurt even worse was realizing why it hurt in the first place. I think it was from standing on the roof and doing nothing other than taking several first steps (or starting to take them) and never taking a second one. Seriously, just show me the pasture and put me out in it. This side of the hill is not as pretty as the other side.