Friday, April 11, 2008

Dinner conversation...

Malia is sleeping on the couch in the other room (dressed like cinderella, incidentally). Bella and Carter are eating at the table. I hear from the other room..."Guys, guys, guys" (Progressively louder)

Carter (to Bella): Bella, should we answer that?
Bella: I guess. (Malia definitely has control over this house)

They walk in the other room and come back with Malia in tow. They all three sit at the table. Carter shares some of his chicken nuggets with Malia.

Carter: Say thank you Malia.
Malia: No, you say thank you to Princess Cinderella.

In other words, she will only be referred to as Princess Cinderella. (And Carter ought to be thanking her for her very presence.

That's okay because one day she got dressed in one of Mackenzie's old bridesmaid dresses and carried around a purple magic wand. She insisted that we call her "Your highness." I can't wait til she's a teenager. This should be fun.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is so funny! It must be something about the age (or the personality) because Brooke does the same thing every now and then, except when she does, it's not a princess or disney character... she will only answer to Nastia.

Courtney said...

Ha ha ha ha, I love it! I do the same thing with my roommates/friends except I make them call me Pricess Ariel.

Katie L. said...

Cami has a different name for every day of the week. My latest favorite: Hortencia (it's from the movie Matilda)