Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Living the Dream

Its been a while since I've posted on the blog so I though I'd get you all caught up on this crazy life I'm living. It's actually more for my sake than yours because I use these posts for my journal. Since knocking down the parking sign (which was the last time I remember posting)


I went to Vegas with a group of friends,
went to my first NBA game,
fell in love with my new roommate, had the best Easter since the year Justin got caught nailing Brett in the head with an egg, (picture taken at the release of our Easter egg hunt) became an expert hula hooper, and attended The Festival of Colors. As you may have noticed, my friend Lauren and I got REALLY into the spirit of things. When we arrived we walked into the temple, which had been transformed into this Hindu version of DI, and we just had to get some outfits. And whats an outfit without a jewel for your forehead and some face paint? Our ensembles did not go unappreciated...my friend found that first picture of us on the event's website the next day. I'm not sure if any of you have heard of The Festival of Colors but it is SO rad. Its at a Hindu temple in Spanish Fork and basically what happens is there are performers for the first couple hours and then they stop the show, light a witch manikin thing on fire and then signal everyone to start throwing their chalk at each other. The third picture was taken right after the chalk throwing started, I'm the suffocating smurf on the right. I was tempted to post more pictures so you could see just how chaotic the whole event was, but I'll spare you seeing as I already have 9.

The point is guys, I'm living the dream and I'm doing my best not to take it for granted. Sometimes when I get overwhelmed with midterms or finals I start wishing college away but then there are times like these to remind me of just how good I have it.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

I don't think I have ever seen anything like that (Festival of Colors) in my life! The aftermath looks pretty fun! I should've listened to my parents and went to BYU instead of CSU. Look at all the fun I missed out on!

Tamara said...

College...good times. Seriously, it makes me wish I'd taken more picture and maybe even lived it up just a little bit more...and smoked a little more of whatever it is that it looks like you had to be on to be admitted to that festival.

I totally loved that Hindu temple though. I went there for Festival of India every year and LOVED it!

Tamara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Wow. Good times. Now come down here and take care of my kiddies so i can go have some fun...oh wait, mom and Mackenzie are going to do that on Monday so we can go on our cruise! I'll post pictures of us on the boat...

The Queen said...

Wow. I was going to post some smart-a** remark but instead I will be honest and just tell you how freakin' gorgeous you are. Seriously.

Katie L. said...

That makes me seriously depressed about what I did today. I won't even torture you by describing it.

Courtney said...

Please Judy are you referring the the picture of me hula hooping where I have a double chin, the one from easter where I have a lazy eye or the one from the Festival of Colors where I look like a psychotic clown?

And Kate, I don't envy you but I do have clarify that 6 out of 7 days a week I am waking up at 6 after 4 hours of sleep either to get ready for school or go to the gym so I can have enough time afterwards to do all elevnty billion pages of reading, write a research proposal, and study for a midterm. It's not always fun and games but still I'm sure you've got it worse than me at the moment.

Dee Lisonbee said...

Thanks for posting pictures, I am a very visual person and since I didnt get to go to BYU or live away while going to college I really enjoy seeing what your life is like at this time when you are sooooooooo far from home. Keep in mind it is always hard for a mom to let her kids move away (as if we have a choice) but since you are not close to siblings it is wonderful to see that you are having fun and have people around you that you enjoy ---you're terrific.