Monday, April 14, 2008

It's the moment you've all been waiting for...





Okay...here's some pictures from our cruise. The first one is the skyline of San Diego which was just cool looking. That was our first stop. We wandered around in Seaport village and checked out this awesome U.S. Navy ship that was parked in the harbor. The weather was fabulous. The next stop was Catalina where we froze our noses off. It was so cold, when we got back to the ship, it took me like three hours to thaw out. We did do a tour there of the island which was fun. There are only 800 cars allowed on Catalina Island. The wait list is 15 years to get a car. And gas is crazy expensive there! It's over $4.00 a gallon. The post office doesn't deliver...the people have to go to the post office to get it. When there is bad weather, the barges that normally bring in all their food only bring in the four most important things...bread, milk, eggs and beer. Nice. I really enjoyed it. People drive golf carts there instead of cars. The next day we were in Ensenada. We took the bus downtown and just walked around in the shops. We bought some souveneirs for the kids (the mexican dresses that the girls are wearing). We went to a restaurant to have some authentic mexican food and instead were treated to microwave warmed Mission tortillas and some disgusting "inards" if you will. We went back to the boat to get a real lunch.

The food was great. I loved the appetizers...they had a cold strawberry soup and a pear soup that I loved. I also ate eggplant for the first time. Rick had lamb one night. One night they had a chocolate buffet at midnight. it was so beautiful looking. They had ice sculptures and big swans made out of white and dark chocolate. It was absolutely gorgeous...you had to wait in line for quite awhile to get there though...It was worth the wait for the chocolate covered strawberries.

The entertainment was fun too...there was a great comedian who made fun of singers. He could sing really well, himself, but he imitated others and that was very funny. There were a coupld of Las Vegas style shows taht were less than fabulous. My favorite was karaoke. I love watching people do that. Some were really good and really got the crowd into it. Others just stunk but were having a good time doing it. It was good fun. There was an adult scavenger hunt one night which was very funny. People were doing crazy stuff like taking out their false teeth to show to the M.C., men walking around in their girlfriend/wife's shoes, women dumping out their purse to show the empty purse to the M.C., and men holding hands with other men, skipping around. (I will not mention names, but rick may or may not have done the last thing I mentioned...). All for a Keychain!!!!!

I highly recommend crusing. I think it would be even more fun if there were other couples with us...who's in?

10 comments:

Mark said...

I would totally be interested in trying it. It looked and sounded like you guys had a lot of fun. Bring it on. Of course, I am not so sure about holding hands with other men and skipping around for a keychain.

OlsenFam said...

Sounds fun. I loved the Disney cruise and am looking forward to going on that someday- probably with my parents...Gary won't do a cruise- not his thing- crowds, buffets, men skipping around--- maybe a girls' cruise

The Queen said...

Oh my gosh you did not tell me that Rick did that! That is hilarious. I hope you got some video or pictures out of it! And the girls look so cute. It cracks me up that you bought those dresses for them. :)

Courtney said...

I already told you I'd be in for the next cruise...given that you pay for me... AND not only will I go, I will also agree not to live in Texas. How much better can thbat deal get for you?

Carrie L said...

How long was the cruise and that cruise line was it? It sounds fantastic! I'm all for unlimited chocolate!

Michelle said...

Courtney. It's a deal...Carrie, it was Royal Caribbean four night cruise. I actually liked Carnival Cruises a little bit better. We took their cruise last time and some of the ships' amenities were better...but it's all fun, no matter which cruise you choose or how long it is!

Courtney said...

Wait, I just noticed you were looking for "couples" to join you. Why everybody always gotta be doin that? Am I going to be excluded from every function just because I refuse to get married?
That's it, I'm bringing Brett as my date.

The Queen said...

I just noticed malia's face in that picture. hilarious.

Tamara said...

Chocolate...mmm.

Rick holding hands with other men...ALALALALA

Dionne said...

I went on that cruise when I was single. How fun! I keep trying to talk Dennis into one with no avail. How about a women only cruise? No kids.