Thursday, April 3, 2008

*%#$ trash people


So, I came home from getting Bella her kindergarden shots today to see this. Anybody who knows Jake knows he is obssessed with basketball. He plays outside shooting hoops EVERY DAY...The stupid trash people must've knocked it over when they were getting our trash. They SUCK. A few weeks ago, they dropped the trash can in the middle of the driveway. I hit it when I was backing out (because it is too short for me to see it out our back window) and broke our tail light. I was ticked then but now I am beyond pissed. That hoop cost like $300+ and he got is for christmas. Rick called the trash company and the supervisor said it's against city code to have basketball hoops in the sidewalk or the street because it's city property. Ours was on our sidewalk.

So, who has any ideas how we can get this replaced by either the manufacturer or the trash company? If you know me, you know I can't just let something like this go. Somebody's going to pay for it and IT'S NOT GOING TO BE ME! So, let's hear your ideas...

6 comments:

The Queen said...

Well your husband IS a lawyer. I say, "Sue the bastards!!!!" :)

Tamara said...

If that isn't the biggest bag over the head...

Seriously, that sucks. I'll have to think of an adequate remedy for this problem.

OlsenFam said...

I would at least write up complaints...you already have 2! And, I'm not sure about the hoop, but I would at least try and get them to pay for the taillight...they aren't supposed to leave the can in the driveway.

Courtney said...

I suggest you leave a bomb in your trash can that you can trigger after they dump the trash it into their truck.

j-liz said...

Judy, you crack me up. Michelle, I've got nothin. You should give Dad a call. Don't you remember how he could get in to virtually any event whether a Graduation or Dodger Game without a ticket? He might be able to give you a tip.

Dale said...

Michelle, I think you guys are reaching too hard with some of those comments. I mean, seriously. Think back a few years. OK, think back over a quarter of a century. Coyote and roadrunner. How about you have Rick use some of them there carpentry/handyman skills. Put on the construction helmet with the light on it. Wait until midnight or so. Go down the nearest manhole. Get underneath the street right in front of your house where the trash truck comes. Saw a nice rectangular shaped opening, leaving one thread on each corner that is just stong enough to hold up any cars or SUVs in the neighborhood but not strong enough for the trash truck. When the trash truck inexplicably vanishes into the hole and the company calls you to complain, politely explain that, although you haven't reviewed the city code recently, you are pretty sure it is illegal to make a trash-truck-sized pothole in the street and that it is also likely illegal to simply leave it parked wherever it settles after the implosion and that they really ought to park their vehicles more conscientiously. Then, after a few days, for good measure you may want to consider reporting them to the police, so that the truck gets towed and impounded with the company picking up the tab.