Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Behold...the harvest






Now, this is my first shot at a real garden and it's working! These are pictures of my garden...cucumbers, zucchini, tomatoes, oranges, apples, and basil. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. We at zucchini for dinner last night from our very own garden. I know you are not nearly as excited as I am...but feast your eyes on these pictures anyway...And, for our summer experience in Fresno, we even got to go pick Ranier cherries at somebody's orchard. They are the white cherries and they are very TASTY! Isn't Fresno great? (As long as you don't mind the heat, that is...)

5 comments:

Tamara said...

Congratulations! Dang, that's gotta feel good to know you grew something in the dirt all by yourself. And there's nothing quite as tastey as home grown anything, really. What time did you say dinner was? I'm coming over.

Stephanie said...

That's awesome! We always had a garden with vegetables growing up, I loved it. There's nothing like going to the garden and picking carrots or corn or cucumbers and being able to eat it fresh. Maybe I should try and plant one in my yard... you've inspired me! Surely if things can grow in the cement dirt, then things should be able to grow in the pasty thick clay we have out here in Dallas.

Dee Lisonbee said...

I am sooooooooo jealous and equally impressed - this year I have had some cute cherry tomatoes and some roma tomatoes and even some beefsteak tomatoes, you may notice a pattern here, all I have growing well are , well, tomatoes. My herbs died, the corn looks pretty pittiful and the cucumbers are hanging on by a thread - do you give lessons?????

Lisa said...

I want a garden soooo bad. Next year, right??? I'm impressed that you got a harvest so soon. For some reason, as a kid it always seemed that things took a few years before they grew anything. Christmas came once in ever Century, too, though...so maybe it was just me.

Katie L. said...

Those peppers look great! There is nothing like having fresh whatever produce you need without running to the store!