Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Ultimate Rip

So, we were driving to Justin and Katie's house for dinner. On the way, Brandon decided to wax philosophical and asked why people shave sheep's fur. I explained that the wool was used to make clothes, including the slacks I was wearing. This morphed into a discussion of cotton and steel. That morphed into a conversation about natural resources. Somewhere along the way, I explained that wool is different from something like coal because wool grows back, like hair after a haircut. Brandon then promptly responded by saying, "Well you're hair doesn't grow back. I've known you for like 9 years and it has never grown back. Maybe even longer than 9 years."

Folks, not really sure how to respond to that.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's pretty funny. Here's another thing to add to the story. I took Brandon for his haircut last week and told the lady to cut it REAL short since it's summer and all. Brandon panicked and said "Not short like daddy's!!!". The lady didn't quite understand until I mentioned that 'daddy is bald on top'. Just so you know, Dale, I like you bald. and even if you ask for an afro after this life, I will not be supportive... just lettin' ya know now. :)

j-liz said...

Brando is a legend. He just never holds back what is on his mind. Classic.

Tamara said...

Could this be pay back for all the jokes you made about your father's hairline? I'm inclined to think so.

Michelle said...

The kid has a point ...