Thursday, February 28, 2008

Folks, it's time to ban together...

Hey everybody...as you are all aware, Kristin is involved in a custody battle for Mackenzie. The results of this battle will affect Kristin and Mackenzie's life in a very real way. I think all of us have a soft place in our hearts for Mackenzie because in a way, we have all helped raise her, or at least contributed to her care. We all love her and I personally would hate to see her forced to live with her dad any more than absolutely necessary. Mackenzie won't have a say in court since she is under 12. The outcome also directly affects Kristin's ability to get married and move to Arizona and start her life with Steven. Under normal circumstances, the first year of marriage is challenging. When you're trying to blend a family the road may be a little rougher still. Having to be apart from each other, or having to let Mackenzie go for weeks at a time would be very difficult on everybody. Most of all, we know that Mackenzie's dad doesn't share our values. So, I'm hoping you all will join me and my little family fasting for Mackenzie and Kristin's welfare and those who are representing Kristin. The Lord is on her side. He wants Mackenzie to have a stable family life where she will be able to develop her own testimony and be protected from the influence of the world.

I am speaking for myself, but I believe that Kristin has earned some happiness. She has done a great job raising Mackenzie. She has found someone to make her and Mackenzie happy. I have seen them together and I support their decision to get married and move to Arizona 100%. So, please join me this fast Sunday in fasting for them. The next 6 weeks are going to be difficult for them...One thing we do well is pull together when we need it, so let's do that now. Any time you think of them, say a silent prayer. Maybe if we all pray enough, this will be an easy battle. One thing's for sure...no amount of praying is too much. Thanks for being supportive...I know Kristin appreciates it. We may be far away, but we're a strong force anyway...

Thanks everybody...

7 comments:

Courtney said...

I know we joke about "the Lisonbee curse" but seriously I wonder sometimes... When is that girl going to get a break? Count me in for the fast and silent prayers :)

Stephanie said...

You can count us in. I sure hope things get easier for her. We will definitely keep her, Mackenzie & Steven in mind and fast with the rest of the fam.

j-liz said...

we're in too.

Tamara said...

We're in.

P.S., I just talked to Kristin a minute ago and she seems to be trying really hard to stay positive but anything we can do to help keep her spirits up would probably help. You know happy texts, voicemails, cards, singing telegrams etc. Alright everybody. Hands in...GOOOO GRISWOLDS!!!

Lisa said...

We've been thinking about and praying for them a lot. You're right - no amount seems like too much. Thanks for thinking of a family fast. I'm sure we're in. (I'll, of course, not eat anything that actually looks appealing to me.)

Mark said...

Hey guys,
You know I am in. I could afford to lose a few more pounds anyways. Carrie will follow Lisa's advice and not eat anything that looks good. We love family fasts.

Dale said...

I'm with Lisa and Carrie on the new interpretation of fasting. You don't have to be pregnant for that, right? Besides, chocolate cake never looked good to me.