Monday, February 25, 2008

What's for dinner?

Tonight at the Edwardson's, it was lasagna night. Not your typical lasagna...the bottom layer was spaghetti sauce with "veggie crumbles" (a meat substitute). The middle layer was tofu and spinach and the top layer was more of the spaghetti with veggie crumbles topped with mozarella. So, normally my kids give very candid responses about what they think about dinner. Bella's comment was something like, "It isn't good mom, but I'm just going to eat it." Carter's comment was...what's this mom? (Pointing to the tofu and spinach layer). I told him it was spinach and he said yum! This is so good. I about fell over. Seriously. The kid won't eat regular style tacos but he likes the veggie crumble/tofu/spinach lasagna. Who knew? What did everybody else have for dinner tonight?

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Tofu??? I don't think I could bring myself to try tofu. :) How crazy that Carter likes it!!! That's impressive!

What did we have for dinner tonight? Not nearly as exciting of an experience as yours... just sauteed chicken with herbs/spices and microwaved (my version of baked) potatoes, radishes and brocolli.

Tamara said...

Taco salad at our house. Mmmm.

I heart tofu but I've not been able to prevail on Adam yet to concede that it is, in fact, edible. Maybe next week...

Courtney said...

This is reminding me of the Lean Cuisine commercials where they go on about their crappy meals from the night before and then the one person talks about the gormet dinner they had...except in reverse... While all of you had food most would consider a "meal" I had an english muffin and jam from a package mom sent and a rolo cookie with mint and chip ice cream on it.

Lisa said...

I tried whole wheat tortillas for the first time, actually, for just normal bean burritos. They were actually really good (and Matt does not lie about food); I think it helped that I made them a little crispier.

I actually thought about having taco salad, but then I became starving and burritos were faster.

Courtney - have you tried making a rolo smore? I haven't, but I've been dreaming of it.

Katie L. said...

Lisa,
You dream about food too? I thought I was the only one :) I laughed so hard when I read your comment. PS, I have another stack of clothes for little girls if you want them. Just say yes and I'll send them off in a flash, because they are already all boxed up. If you don't need them I can take them to goodwill.

Katie L. said...

Michelle, we had Tokyo Joe's for dinner, because I knew Emma could eat it and I had a pack meeting to go to and no time to spare. Tokyo Joe's is a fast food japanese place, I suppose you could have guessed from the name. It's yummy.