Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Pancaked Parking Sign




The evening of February 13th an annonymous member of the Lisonbee family who resides in Provo was driving home from the gym. As usual the weather conditions were dreadful, nearly a blizzard I'd say. Taking extra caution, she drove extremely slow the entire way home until the turn into her complex. A car was coming towards her and she wanted to get out in plenty of time, which she did, but unfortunately her brakes and steering wheel simultaneously decided to stop working mid turn. Her car went onto the curb, pancaked the complex's parking sign, and strait down off the curb. Thankfully as soon as she returned to the pavement her car was fully functioning again and so instead of hitting the cars ahead she turned and parked. I bet you're wondering how the car is doing... You'll all be relieved to know she drives a Lumina which is just about the equivilant of a yacht (in style and comfort as well as strength) and therefore came out of the whole ordeal entirely uneffected. I would have provided you will documentation of this whole event sooner but that same stormy night the sign got covered in snow and wasn't unveiled till this sunny morning.
All I have to say is that sign deserved it after all the parking hell it put me...i mean her...through.

7 comments:

Dale said...

Court, you know I love you, right? That being said, did you take driving lessons from Michelle? Wait, there was ice here, so I guess that is sort of an excuse. Michelle, we're still friends, right? (If the answer is no, then the obvious response to the response is that "She said we're not friendsd... It must be love." :)

Michelle said...

Ha Ha. That is so awesome. Courtney I am proud you took out the sign. And Dale, I'll have you know, it's been years since I've taken out any signs. And any signs I did take out DESERVED IT just like the one Courtney knocked down. I say, you go girl!

Tamara said...

Wait, Courtney knocked down the sign? I thought the Lisonbee family member was anonymous...You sleuths cracked the code!

Coachney, that is freaking epic legend. You are the coolest spaz I know. YAY!

Tamara said...

P.S. I hope you gave the sign a hearty "boo yah! is that all you got?" after you flattened it. It seems only fitting.

The Queen said...

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Katie L. said...

So happy Opal, and you came out of this story okay. It is a classic story, one for the record books.

Stephanie said...

That is so funny, Courtney! Next time we're all together I'm going to have to hear about these stories of running down street signs! I had no idea this runs in the family.