Friday, February 22, 2008

The light at the end of the tunnel

I'm not sure I thought this day would ever come, but I have good news today. FIRST of all, after seven solid weeks of waiting, Justin finally heard about his third and most massive test of the CPA. He passed of course, with a solid 82%. We have one more section that he takes next Thursday, and it could all be over. This is big news in a couple ways. For one, Justin has been going to school and working full time ever since we got married, almost nine years. After all that time, when his CPA is done, I'm cutting him off and he is banned from any further educational achievements. Secondly, this was a BIG achievement. We are talking thousands of dollars of investment, not to mention study time every evening and Saturdays. Also, and Justin will back me up with the details here, only a small percentage of people pass all four exams on the first try, which means Justin is an exceptional person, which of course I already knew. The only reason I may have momentarily doubted is because I thought it just might never end.

And, the second tidbit of news is that out of ten applicants for the big job in Dallas Mr. Lisonbee was one of few chosen to fly to Dallas for a second interview. Did I mention that he had the least amount of experience out of all ten, by two years? What a guy. Feel free to applaud.

11 comments:

The Queen said...

Congrats on both counts! And may I apologize in advance for whatever sassy comment Michelle will make about you moving to Denver. ;)

Mark said...

Cogratulations, bro. Best of luck in Dallas. I hope you guys get what you want.

Courtney said...

Wow, I mean I knew you were cool Justin but I had no idea you were THIS cool! Seriously though, I'm proud of you. Way to go, it seems like all your hard work is paying off. Try not to forget about us little guys when you're some big shot.

Michelle said...

Thanks Judy. For the apology in advance. No snotty comments about Dallas until I see pictures of a moving van at the Lisonbee house in Denver...I am very happy for you Justin. Seriously awesome! Good luck in Dallas and we will be awaiting the details ASAP. We all know you are a great interviewer, so I'm sure Dallas will be an enjoyable experience! Say hi to the other Lisonbeakers for us...

Tamara said...

YAY FOR A VISITOR/ POSSIBLE NEW RESIDENTS IN THE BIG D! I have to say that I've been praying harder for this than most things I know and not just because I'm counting the days till Emma is big enough to watch my kid...i mean...what?

Anyway, we'll keep praying. What an amazing accomplishment to pass all of those tests. (I personally know someone who failed the second CPA TWICE so that really is no small feat.) Swats all around!

Dee Lisonbee said...

WOW...There is a saying that good things come to he who waits and i guess you guys are not going to have to wait much longer - getting through the phone interview in my mind was the toughest(but then I have always hated phones and would gladly take a face to face anytime) but you have amazing charisma and of course all the good things that go with it so I am sure you will shine in the face to face. Keep us posted and know how proud we are of all of your accomplishments - and of Kate for surviving all these years with your study schedule - way to go...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Courtney said...

Can we make this blog private or something so "jon" and "fox" quit leaving us shady pleas to look at links?

Stephanie said...

Yay! That's so exciting!!! Can't wait to hear how the interview here in Dallas goes. Justin is welcome to stay at our place while he's here. From what I understand, the place where he would be working is only a few miles from where we live, so he wouldn't have far to drive for his interview. Hope all goes well!

Katie L. said...

Tammy, get in line. I endured 26 hours of annoying and hard labor to get Emma here and I get first dibs on the babysitting. Maybe you want Camille? But I wouldn't recommend it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.