Sunday, November 18, 2007

Are you serious, Clark?

For my next installment of "you know you're in Texas when..." I take you to a video arcade. No, that's right. I said a video arcade. Yes indeedily doodily. So, I went along with my friend on a scavengar hunt her husband had set up for her birthday. It was hilarious and a lot of fun until this... Our last stop was at a video arcade. Did I have to beat the Dragon/ Firebreathing Turtle on Supermario Bros to save the Princess and get the prize at the hunt's end? No. Did I have to get the little frog across the road without getting splatted by the cars? Negatory. Nope. I had to milk a mechanical cow. AND I had to have my pictured taken in doing it.

And that folks, is how you know you're in a video arcade...in Texas. That's all for now folks. See you next time on "you know you're in Texas when..."

4 comments:

Dee Lisonbee said...

If you hadnt warned me about your return to a-natural hair color I would still be wondering who that person was near that = COW---?
what a picture....

Courtney said...

Ya, I second that...except I wasn't warned. Its so dang dark!

And as for the cow...I don't even know where to begin. There is this guy from Texas in an apartment I hang out with and we spend 90% of our time trash talking him. I'm going to make sure and bring up the mechanical cow the next time I rip on him. Thanks for the ammo.

Stephanie said...

Brandon's friend, Marquise, has his birthday party coming up the day after Christmas and I just found out that it's going to be held at a video arcade... wonder if it's the same one. If so, I'll have to be sure and get a picture of Dale and Brandon milking the mechanical cow! hehe

j-liz said...

Wow Tams, that is amazing. Amazing might not be the right word. Awful also comes to mind. I'll keep thinking about the right word. It will help me get rid of the image of you milking a cow in the middle of an arcade.