Monday, November 12, 2007

Happy Veteran's Day...

Don't you just love those government holidays? I do because Rick gets them off now. We went down to Valencia on Friday and had a fun filled weekend. We got to go to James' baptism which was nice followed by a gathering at Judy's house with yummy VietNamese food. My kids and Rick absolutely love that stuff...We got to go to one of Kenzie's soccer games. That was fun too. She plays defense most of the time but girlfriend refuses to listen to anything her Coach has to say. She pretty much ignores him flat out. It's pretty funny to watch. We got in plenty of football time which is always important for a Saturday. We spent some time with Aurora who has to be the cutest little thing ever. She is so sweet. Sunday we watched Mackenzie perform in the primary program and hung out with everybody. This morning, we went to breakfast with Elise, Papa and all the kiddies. It wasn't too bad. The kids were entertained by the kid's coloring menue and the food was fabulous. We got home around 4:00 PM tonight...just in time to get some homework done, eat dinner, put the kids to bed and RELAX! So, that's my excuse for not posting all weekend.

5 comments:

Lyndee said...

Michelle, this is Lyndee. I have missed you. I heard that you moved but I never found out where. I am so glad you are doing great. Your kids are darling. I can't believe how much your kids have grown. Tell your mom Hi. We miss your family. I didn't know that you guys had a blog I am so excited that you do. What is Christina's blog? Lyndee

Dale said...

NO!!!!!!!

Because, I get it rubbed in every time one happens. Both of Steph's parents work for the government and they get every single one of them off. Lawyers get plenty of time off and paid vacation right? Oh wait, no they don't. Because if you are taking time off, you are not billing. If you are not billing, your hours are low. If your hours are low, you get no bonus and you get fired. So, KMGEMS. Tammy can translate.

Stephanie said...

Our weekend wasn't nearly as exciting as yours. We did have fun shopping for Christmas decorations at the Peddler Show, but that's about it. :)

Governments holidays were the best growing up! That's a nice benefit of growing up military... we would get tons of days off school because of the government holidays. Until Dale I married Dale, I thought every job and school in America was the same way with getting those holidays off. That was a rude awakening!

Dale said...

Steph, in the immortal words of Mark, just think ... "cha-ching!" Or not. But it was a nice thought.

Katie L. said...

Sounds so fun, I'd love to visit Valencia for the weekend, or the week, or the month for that matter. It's 34 degrees here today. Brrrr!