Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I heart Dale.


Well, as official family sap, just wanted to give a shout out to the wisest of us all. Dale is the greatest oldest brother there ever was. One of his greatest qualities is that he can pull out the one liners from back in the day, dust off the cobwebs and make them hilarious all over again. Remember when we all dressed up in white shirts and ties to pick him up from his mission? Or remember the New York Seltzer incident in the Volkswagon? Does anybody even want to talk about how horrifying the french fry debacle was? What about that time he "chopped down the weed?" As a kid I remember Dale made the best chocolate chip cookies and on his best days, he made banana chocolate chip cookies. My heart feels like singing "Somewhere out there...Nannaboat Nannaboat." Good laughs, great advice, and let's face it...whatever he did, it just helped break Mom and Dad in for the rest of us.

Did I miss any of Dale's highlights?

8 comments:

Adam said...

Happy Birthday Dale. I really appreciate your friendship and support out here in the Big D.

Carrie L said...

Even I have heard about the fantastic chocolate chip cookies. I should take a few pointers from you Dale. Happy Birthday!

j-liz said...

Tams you forgot one Dale highlight that I vividly remember. The one where he throws his little brother under the bus (Dad) after breaking the window in our room playing baseball.

How about this for a one-liner Dale, "He pitched it!"

O.K. I feel better, you're forgiven, Happy B-day.

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dale said...

Justin, that indeed was a beauty. I wish I could re-create that moment to capture it on videotape. I am sitting here wondering what you must have been thinking when I said that. Wow. That was some serious gumption!

Dale said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes everybody!

Dale said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes everybody!

Stephanie said...

That's a great picture of you guys!