Thursday, March 13, 2008

Big Thank You...

Big thank you goes out to the Lisonbee genes...

Today after gymnastics, the teacher pulled me aside and mentioned in a shocked/impressed tone of voice that Brooke was able to do a (I forget what it's called) back something all by herself... basically, it's the flip that you do on the bars where you swing your legs forward and over the bars, your body flips over and then you do a forward flip. Anyway, she said that she's shocked that Brooke is able to do several things on her own already. She also mentioned that Brooke can do things that not even her advanced students can do. Also mentioned that she wishes she could do more one on one with her, but it's hard when you have a full class of 3 and 4 year olds and one "superstar" is what she called Brooke. Anyway, I am so proud of Brooke! She's really blossoming with this whole Gymnastics thing and I have to thank the Lisonbee genes for that! She's showing some natural talent and definitely didn't get that from me! Anyway, I'm excited for her. She's really lovin' it and I really feel like I found her niche, and with her being in the best gym in the nation, we're NEVER moving again... it will be exciting to see how far she goes with this. I'm definitely not going to push her with it (don't want to be one of those moms), but the great thing is that so far I haven't had to push her at all. She just really loves it. Anyway, wanted to share the excitement with ya'll and send out a big huge thank you for the great athletic genes you evidently helped pass on to her! :)

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Is anyone else wondering which Lisonbee's Steph is referring to? Some of you are more athletically inclined than myself, so maybe I should just speak for myself but I don't know that I would consider the Lisonbees to be an athletic family. It could be that I'm just comparing us to my roommate and her family who all have scholarships or scholarship offers for more than one sport...I don't know...

Tamara said...

i call dibbs on tickets for front row seats for the olympics when brooke is competing. that's so exciting for her! (and you too)

Dee Lisonbee said...

Actually, Kristin demonstrated some serious gymnastic skills which just came naturally to her but she had some economically challenged parents and only 24 hours in her moms day so...on to other things. With the right training and a "Heart" for gymnastics I am sure Brooke will be terrific...Great choice of an outlet for her.....