Saturday, March 15, 2008

In honor of Rick's birthday...




I made a birthday cake to look like a basketball. I Gave the girls the empty frosting cans to feast on and went upstairs to do other things. Malia came up a shortwhile later with a very messy chocolate face. I thought she had just finished licking the can and made a mess. Folks, feast your eyes on the last picture. Do those finger prints look familiar? Oh yeah. She proceeded to climb up on the counter (with one arm in a brace, no less) dip her fingers in the frosting and lick lick it off the side of the cake. When I asked her if she did that to the cake, she said Um, yes mom. Like...duh mom, of course I did. At least she's honest about it...

P.S. Happy Birthday Rick!

5 comments:

Dale said...

That reminds me a lot of my sisters, except for the admitting it part!

Matty said...

That cake looked great...too bad Malia got to it before I could.

Courtney said...

Mmm...cake...I mean...HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICK!

Tamara said...

I just want to know if she had frosting in her eyebrows. Because if she did, I'd say her trick was a success!

j-liz said...

Have we ever told the story of the chocolate cupcakes? It's a good one.
--Kate