Saturday, March 29, 2008

Easter Update...just a wee bit late.

So, my brother in law Andrew was staying with us the week before Easter and the kid was awesome. Adam and Andrew changed both Adam and my brakes that Saturday (without being asked) despite my brakes being incredibly stubborn and despite the fact that there were a TON of March Madness games on. I didn't hear any cursing or swearing so I wasn't sure the task could possibly have been successful but I'm happy to report that my car will stop on a dime.
Anyway, the next dee, Dale and co came by for Easter Dinner. For those of you who will recall a certain Jell-o incident with me and burning, I believe I've topped myself. I put the ham in the oven bag and put it in the oven. A few minutes later I smelled something burning and pulled out the ham to see what on earth was the problem. The bag was a little singed on the top but I just shrugged it off and put it back in (because I'm obviously insane.) So then 10 minutes later, it was really smelling like something was burning. I go to see what was up and there was a HOLE burned in the top of the oven bag...and not a small one. I am standing there staring at it racking my brain to figure out what was wrong and Adam walks in. It takes him 2 or so seconds looking at it to say "uh, do you think it's because the oven rack is too high so the bag is too close to the top of the oven?" Yeah, pretty sure I heard the Christmas Vacation symbols in my head. Fortunately, I had put a brown sugar maple glaze on it and it turns out that it actually doesn't taste bad when it's blackened. So despite my best efforts, I didn't manage to TOTALLLY ruin Easter Dinner...
Here's the kiddos at our super high quality card table. (Who besides me is having flashbacks to their childhood days at the "little kids table" from days past?)
And check this photo. We usually keep a heap of stuffed animals back in the toy room for when the kiddos come over. So the kids were playing in the master while the grown ups visited during dessert. I went in to check on them and found they'd moved all the toys from the toy room and stacked them, each according to their type, in the window seat in our room (please note that where there are pairs of stuffed animals, they are neatly stacked side by side). What is with the OCD of the next generation of Lazerbeams? I blame Dale... or maybe Coach. No, I'll blame Matty. Final answer.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

The ham you made was awesome. It was seriously the best ham I've ever tasted. oh, and I'm probably to blame for the ocd. I check locks a little too often than normal. Or maybe I'm just paranoid. :)

Stephanie said...

Oh and I love those square plates!

Tamara said...

Wow Steph! You have some pretty amazing eyes! How could you tell the shape of the plates? I can barely tell the people in the pictures without my glasses!

Courtney said...

Ha ha. I hope OCD runs in the family because I have it for sure and I am praying my kids are equally neurotic about cleaning and organizing.

Katie L. said...

Steph, maybe it's one too many episodes of America's Most Wanted. That stuff creeps me out!
Once my friends came over to clean my house while I was out of town and they were all shocked by the state of my kids dresser drawers--neatly folded. What? More stuff fits in there that way! Okay fine, guilty!