Friday, March 14, 2008

One more post...




Since Bella was born, I have wanted to do a very girly room with stripes. Five years later, I finally got it done. Thanks to keri and Elizabeth, my partners in crime, Bella and Malia now have a very girly, striped room. The top picture is the first step in the stripes...after that was painted, we had to wait til it dried and then tape again and paint again. It's not finished yet, but a certain someone who shall remain nameless *cough* Judy, couldn't wait to see pictures of it. Picture this lovely room with a white chair rail around the border between the pink and the beginning of the stripes and a 1/4" purple stripe on the left side of the pink. The girls love it and Keri says, in a kids' room, you might as well go crazy with color. They love it and I only have to go in there once or twice a day. I can't wait til it's finished and I can hang the stuff back on the walls. What did people do before they had painter's tape and caulk?

7 comments:

Dee Lisonbee said...

WOW.....the rooms are spectacular.
I can hardly wait to see it in person.

Stephanie said...

The room is looking so pretty! The colors remind me of Pottery Barn Kids... love those colors.

Tamara said...

That looks amazing. You have such great taste! (And amazing patience! I wish we could have done the caulking trick at my house but, maybe next time...if there ever is a next time.)

Courtney said...

You will definately have to help me in 20 years when I do my kids room. You should be an expert by then! I'd comment on your other posts but I'm currently suffering from sensory overload so I might have to come back to them when I've recovered

Mandolin said...

That is so darling! Your girls are so lucky to have a mom like you who is willing to paint stripes in their room!

OlsenFam said...

Wow- they are so pretty! I can't even get around to painting a room one color.

The Queen said...

It looks so cute! I can't wait to see it in person. Oh, and you weren't kidding when you said the boys' room was a disaster!