Sunday, September 2, 2007

A Great Mom

I hope the sap police doesn't bust me for this one...

After seeing yet another example of an amazingly selfless mother who literally lives her entire life with the goal of providing the best lives possible for her kids, I wanted to just quickly publicly mention what a marvelous example of selflessness Momma Lisonbee is. Much like the examples in the scriptures of servants "taking no thought" of themselves or their own situations upon setting out on missions of service, without fail Dee gives all time, talents, energy, means, and whatever other support she can offer anytime she becomes aware of a new need within her family without ever worrying about herself. I was so touched yesterday when I heard that she was making the 10 hour drive back to California (from Utah) today all by herself, then getting up tomorrow morning for yet another draining week of work. That, after driving up to Utah to help one of her children get settled for school just days before (after another unrelenting week of work, no doubt). Yes, there is no rest for the weary in this case, and yet she never gives up. What a great example to us all.

Because all you Lisonbee siblings already do such a great job of showing her your gratitude, I just wanted to take a second to add my gratitude to yours. Thank you, Dee, for showing me just how I want to be when I have kids of my own. Thank you for going through each day living as close as you can to how the Savior lives. And a special thank you for being so kind to me from the very first day you met me. I have always felt your warmth and care. I hope that someday I can live as selflessly as you so often demonstrate with all of your hard work and unyielding love.

Your husband is a very lucky man. But he already knows that...he talks about it all the time!

Adam

--Bro. Lisonbee is equally impressive in his selflessness, too. Gosh, what a great legacy of faith and love they are building for their kids. And it seems almost far-fetched and unbelievable what kind of lives they have created for their kids when you think about the circumstances they both came from. You Lisonbees sure are awesome...the whole lot of ya!

5 comments:

Mark said...

Agreed and well put. Hope all is well in Texas. What is the latest on the vacation trip?

j-liz said...

Well said Adam. Thanks for all you do Mom. You are the best!

Kristin said...

What can I say...I don't know where I'd be without my momma. Who am I kidding, I know exactly where I'd be and it isn't pretty. I love you too mom.

Courtney said...

I think I owe the biggest thanks at this point considering I'm (obviously) the child she brought up and settled in Utah and then drove 10 hours home by herself for. So...thanks ma.

Tamara said...

Momster, how did you get to be so cool? It's amazing all that you do and how effortless you seem to make it. I'm astounded. You make generosity and selflessness look easy and that is a gift. Thanks for being such a good example!