Monday, September 10, 2007

Jake's baptism


Jake got baptized on Saturday. He was very nervous, but very excited about it. After he was done, he said, "Mom, I want to be baptized again." I still feel like he's so young, but even as I've watched him grow this summer I have noticed how much he understands. Anyway, it was a nice service. We didn't know anybody speaking or doing the musical numbers, but it was nice anyway. Jake got his first set of scriptures and Mark and Carrie and Kristin gave him all the stickers that go in them so we've been working on those. He loves it. He carried around his scriptures all day on Saturday and Sunday. I wish more of you guys could've been there. It's weird to think I have an 8-year-old that's baptized!

3 comments:

Tamara said...

What a great picture. I'm so sorry I missed it. I wanted to call Jake and ask him all about it but when I called Saturday, I could hear him and the cousins all playing in the background and having so much fun, I didn't want to break it up. That just gives me an excuse to call another time.

I thought of you guys all dee on Saturdee. I wish we could have been there but thanks for posting the photo.

And congratulations Jakey!

Katie L. said...

Jake has such a great smile, it is a good picture. What's up with Rick's shaved head? He looks so different! Is is really that hot in Fresno?

Tell Jake keep up the good work and we are sorry we couldn't be there!

Matt and/or Lisa said...

Oh, we wish we could have been there! Congratulations Jake! We hope to see you soon; we have a lot of catching up to do.