Sunday, September 30, 2007

Stroke of genius

A couple months ago Justin put new tires on our bikes. We had the tires for over a year, sitting in the garage, but we found new motivation to ride them since Emma learned. I got a bike trailer so we could take Bash and all go for a ride. Justin couldn't hook the trailer on his bike Saturday so he came up with an ingenious solution--which will come in handy on many future occasions if you ask me:



Apparently Emma drove the little girls around for two hours doing loops around the buildings in our complex. They took turns, and had a ball. After that she came in and said, "I'm exhausted!" Well who wouldn't be? Even the little fat one weighs at least 35 lbs. So we went out again tonight and let her do some more. Nothing like tired kids. I think I like this game!

This is Camille telling Justin a secret. She told me not to tell anyone or I'd tell you what it was.

Bash lately has two obsessions, Barbie Nutcracker and Shrek. She watches Barbie Nutcracker 2-3 times a day, makes me bring it in the car, asks for it after dinner when she has already watched it several times...you get the picture. Shrek she watches on our portable TV in her room while she naps. It is a pretty good bribing tool. She has watched it every naptime for at least a week, today I had to put it on twice. She said to me while we were outside tonight, "Mom you know what Shrek said? Jelly from your eyes!" I just about burst my belly laughing.
Justin made a funny bunny too. He lobbed a hackey sack into the trailer as the girls passed and was very proud. He said if we were hunter gatherers I would have married a good one, if he could kill things with lobs. Sounds like a Jack Handy card to me.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a great idea... I need to get one of those bike thingies for Brandon to ride the girls around. I think it's cute how Ashley is so into those movies, that's how Brittany and Brooke are with Cinderella and anything with fairies. Ashley looks like she's grown quite a bit! I'm still waitin' on Brittany and Brooke to do the same thing, they are still only between 25-30 lbs.

Courtney said...

You know that "hi, my name is chubby" thing where you squeeze your cheeks and smile. Well anyway, that is the first thing that came to mind when i saw that picture on the bottom of Basher. Classic, I tell you. I can't wait to see what this next one looks like :)

Katie L. said...

Me too, Court! I'll send pics as fast as I can.