Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Return to Normalcy

It seems kind of funny to post this blog after the last one because Katie and I are having such different experiences, but I set out to post something today and if I walk away now I might never do it. (Sorry, Katie, for the throw up night; I think that is one of the worst things to deal with.) As of yesterday, the doctor told me I am DONE with bedrest, done with medicine and done with "restrictions." I kind of expected it to come, but it was still SO GOOD to hear it and have it actually happen (unlike some of my other pregnancy expectations). This morning I cleaned my kitchen all by myself, and I plan on getting to make dinner all by myself as well. As for the rest of the day, I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT (except, apparently, scrub the bathrooms and mop the floor, which I would REALLY like to do).


I am so glad to have another month or so to feel like a normal person again and be able to do the things I've dreamed of doing for the last four months. I am so happy to have this baby stay in so that I can at least enjoy being pregnant and be able to have some time to accomplish things before she comes. (Katie - I'm sure it's different with 3 kids already; I can't imagine.)


Thank you so much for making this miracle possible! I kept asking the doctor(s) all sorts of questions and yesterday it was quite apparent that there are no great answers to how this all ocurred, but we can all just be grateful for it. To show my gratitude, I'll post my very first pregnancy picture. This was from last Sunday (35 weeks), when I got to go to church; it's hard to see the exact belly dimensions with the dress, but trust me, it is SPECTACULAR.....


8 comments:

Michelle said...

Yippee...pregnant pictures. You look way too small to be having a baby so soon. I'm so happy for you! It must feel great to get up and around. I hope you enjoy it thoroughly because once the baby gets here, she's going to determine your schedule...so enjoy one last bout of freedom!

Tamara said...

About 9 months pregnant and that's ALL the belly you have to show for it? Honestly! Couldn't you at least get fat while you're pregnant???

Stephanie said...

You look amazing! I like your hair that long too, looks great.

I'm so excited for you that you have some freedom now to enjoy the pregnancy! Hope you have tons of fun!

Katie L. said...

I'm really happy for you too! I have felt lots of guilt over my bad attitude about all this and I've felt like I should be spending a little more time being grateful for my blessings, but I'll just be grateful for yours! Congrats! Hopefully someday the two of them can be good buddies! And I hate to say it but I just about laughed when I saw your belly, you don't look anything like a beached whale! You are so cute!

Carrie L said...

I have to agree with everyone else--you look fantastic! Enjoy the next few weeks Lisa!

Courtney said...

Wait...are you sure your pregnant or do you just have a bad case of (excuse me males) pre-menstrual bloating? I'm almost positive a baby could not fit into that bitty belly of yours, unless its poking out your right side and is therefore hidden in the picture.

Dale said...

On behalf of all the males, Courtney ... YOU'RE FIRED!

Matt and/or Lisa said...

Okay, so I'll admit that everyone here agrees with all of you; when I say I have one month to go they all show disbelief and the more nosey ones say, "oh, this must be your first." (I was with my 8 year old brother at the library and he kept asking me, "do you know that guy?" I had to explain to him that people talk to pregnant ladies whether they know them or not.) My mom thinks my belly says I have two more months to go, but I don't think that will happen. I'll try to find some spandex for the next picture...maybe a better camera angle...