Thursday, September 13, 2007

Out in the SLC

Is it possible to take a bad picture of the SLC temple? I think not. Anyway, this is a shot I snapped with my little digital cam while we were in SLC on our recruiting trip a couple of weekends ago. I love the sunlight peeking through at the top. It was a beautiful dee.
And here's me and Adam with my old roommate, mission comp, bridesmaid Suzi and our friend Adam from Dallas. If you look directly behind us, you can see the temple peeking up on either side. We did a conference center tour and the view from up top was so cool. It's amazing the way the church thinks of everything, like to plant genetically engineered synthetic soil so that the gardens up top won't dig roots so deep they'll hit the granite beneath and then begin dying of thirst. Or that there are no beams supporting those two massive balconies in the conference center. Such a cool place. We also got to tour Brigham Young's house and see how that place worked back in the day. Let's just say Tams was NEVER meant to be a pioneer. I'll take my a/c and running water any dee. For sure the best part of the trip though was the hilarity that came when Adam had his first exposure to a BYU singles' ward for kids over 25. Oh the hilarity of the meat market. Poor kid was not prepared for the freak show/ get your flirt on. Talk about things you miss from college...you ex-cougars out there feel me, don't you? Of course, if you're Coachney and getting asked out every 10 or 15 seconds, it can't be too rough on you, but for us mere mortals, it was a bit more of an effort. Coach, focus on being a black widow spider...Focus.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Ha ha, Adams blinking.