Wednesday, September 12, 2007

me = noodle

Yesterday the doctor told me that I am a noodle and that I should try getting up and walking every now and then when I hit 34 weeks (which will be this weekend). (Last time I checked, "noodle" is just another word for "brain," so of course I was very flattered.) I was VERY excited because I didn't expect this to happen for another week or so, but apparently we are getting out of the worry stage. Sarah looks to be about a week or so ahead of her development and about 5 pounds. She stuck her tongue out at us during most of the ultrasound.

The only thing that drives me crazy is knowing just how much sitting/walking I get to do. He said I should go out to dinner and walk through the parking lot, etc., but that I shouldn't spend 4 hours shopping at Nordstrom. So I'm trying to figure out if that means I can spend 2 hours at Nordstrom....? : ) I think Matt's vote is dinner.

L

6 comments:

Courtney said...

You would take noodle as a compliment.

Michelle said...

Lisa...my doctor called me many things when I was pregnant...but not a noodle. I think that would probably be the least offensive thing a doctor could've said to me though...so, I vote for the extended shopping trips to shop for that baby of yours! Have fun!

Dale said...

On behalf of all of the members of the family who never have and never will experience the true joys of an OB visit, I would just like to say that it is always bad advice to go shopping, especially if it takes more than 10 minutes or costs more than $10. For those of you lawyers out there, both of those figures are monthly aggregate figures.

Katie L. said...

Dale,
I laughed so hard at your logic about shopping, Justin shares the same views. I did drag him into Baby Gap the other night (we had finished dinner but the kids weren't asleep yet, ergo not yet time to go home) and he found a couple things to get excited about. For example a baby t-shirt that said "Ladies Man" on it.

And Michelle, all I have to say is, "Very BIG baby! You stop eating!" Noodle would seem nice after that. Even Noodle-head.

My doctors office rocks. The nurses kindly tell me to look away when I step on the scale. It's great to be oblivious.

Lisa, I have so much girl baby stuff I would love to pass on if you are interested. Tell me what you need!

Stephanie said...

Brings back memories from when I was pregnant with the girls... I could only be out for a few hours at a time... I don't think I listened very well towards the end. Dale did a great job of not letting me go upstairs at all (which I was also suspended from) and it drove me nuts because I wanted to decorate the nursery and get it all ready. Dale and my brother were nice enough to do all that for me and it was a great surprise for me, they painted it and everything! Anyway, I'm so excited for you that things are going well with Sarah. Also, did you know that Brooke for the entire pregnancy was a Sarah? We changed our minds right before delivery. Anyway, thought I'd share. See ya!

Steph

Mark said...

A guy I knew when I was young (Dan Dabakus) who will remain nameless, said to his wife "Honey, pregnancy means that there is just more of you to love. I think calling you a noodle is fairly harmless. If you really want to go shopping remember to pick up Matty some Papa Murphy's pizza on the way home. Kill two birds with one stone and remember that Matty is always thinking "I like PIZZA, STEVE." You are almost there. Enjoy Cocoa and Fruity Pebbles in my absence.