Sunday, September 16, 2007

stake conference

The potty training is going pretty well, I can't complain. Bash hasn't had accidents because she errs on the side of caution. We spend a good portion of every day either sitting in the bathroom, or racing there. I went to Target Friday and in an hour's time visited the bathroom four times. I suppose that's better than the other way around, and dealing with a puddle in your shopping cart.

This morning we went to Stake Conference and I missed about half of it running back and forth to the tiny nursery potty. I did catch the first talk however, which a counselor in our stake Presidency started by telling a story about having three small girls and a wife who played the organ. In the first minutes of the meeting he had to go change the smallest one's diaper. His wife was on the stand so he told the 5 and 3 year olds to stay put and slipped out. He proceeded down the hall and soon heard them following him. He told them to stay in the foyer, and went to the mens room to change the baby. He was in the middle of doing that when they came in the mens restroom and the three year old discovered the unique facilities and started playing in them. He finished changing and rinsing the cloth diaper, scrubbed the three year old's hands, scrubbed his own hands, went out to the car and drove up the street to the Cheyenne Zoo. Justin and I laughed so hard. He said it was all worth it (taking care of the little ones), I hope he's right.

5 comments:

The Queen said...

That is so funny!!! Way to survive. Wimp. ;)

Katie L. said...

Ha, mock me when you are training David! Then we'll see who is laughing!

Dee Lisonbee said...

Why oh why did we not have a zoo that close to our ward building when our kids were growing up - such an ingenious solution to an otherwise frustrating event

Dee Lisonbee said...

Why oh why did we not have a zoo that close to our ward house when my children were little - most of the time during sacrament I felt like I was in one anyway so --kudos to him for actually making that a reality.

Stephanie said...

I couldn't help but notice that that guy and his wife use cloth diapers... I couldn't imagine having to clean up cloth diapers for even just one baby! Thank goodness for huggies. I'll be throwing a party though once I have both girls OUT of huggies! Having two kids in diapers is hard work... for days like that, I wish we had a zoo that close to my house!