Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Missing College Anyone?

For those of you who have forgotten how glorious the days of being in college and having roommates were, I have included below my own personal top ten list of my favorite things about having roommates.
10. Living in a Pseudo-dorm where I (the 19 year old) am the eldest of the apartment.

9. Having the only decor in my apartment be fruit dishes and various nick knacks, all with a theme of floral print curtains consumed once and regurgitated.


8. Having an Air Hockey table smack dab in the middle of my already itty bitty living room. For those of you of the male gender reading this and thinking this should be the highlight of my living situation, remember...I'M A GIRL...IN A GIRLS APARTMENT!

7. Living in the room beside shaniqua who belts the same two lines of some R&B song I've never heard like she's Beyonce.
6. Going in the refrigerator and finding my yogurt missing.


5. Having my roommates try and tell me that because they are illegally sharing the master bedroom, they get the parking space I am paying for.


4. Listening to Celine Dion blasted from the room next to me every hour of every day except Sunday's when its that gospel rock you hear late at night on those christian infomercials. "God is good, ya he's great..."

3. Finding eleventy-billion ways to politely ask my roommates to do their own dishes and still finding myself responsible for doing all of them.

2. Paying for the gas bill when my one roommate invites her ten closest dorm buddies over every week to use our washer and dryer to do their laundry

1. Having the privilege EVERY DAY of cleaning up enough hair to make a full-body wig for a kitten. (Seriously though, that is not exaggeration. I have share the bathroom with a black girl that has extensions and she sheds more than a golden retriever in the heat of summer.)

Really though, my living situation could be so much worse, I really did luck out. It's just good to vent once in a while and let out those little pet peeves. In actuallity, this is one of those times in my life when things are going so well I'm kind of just waiting for something to go wrong. I love school and feel so priveleged that I can not only go to BYU but have my education paid for me. I love my classes so far, which means I probably made a good decision in my major. As those of you who went to BYU know, in every class you have gospel principles related to whatever subject is being taught which for me means that I have sunday school 3 times a week instead of once and that has helped so much already in strengthening my testimony. I have a good apartment with good roommates (seriously). I have a car THANKS TO JUSTIN AND KATIE and it functions great as long as I pay my tithing (or so I'm told). I have really good friends (shut up guys, I really do have friends) and I've actually started to enjoy dating. Do you see now why I am fearing what challenge lies ahead? Anyway, just thought I'd give you all an update on the start of my junior year :)

9 comments:

Dale said...

Hey Court, I'm really proud of you. Glad you are having fun. I think we can all feel at least some of your pain with respect to roomies. I know I had some real winners.

Tamara said...

This is as good a felicity episode! Keep the updates coming. I'm loving it.

I'm glad you're happy. (I hope you're happy how you've hurt your cause forever - from WICKED). You gotta love roommates. I mean, that air hockey table sounds like a REAL NICE SURPRISE! Can we come over? I've got a load of whites I really need to wash...surely you can keep Braun occupied with rearranging your living room decor or something while I fluff my towels. This'll be great! Party at the coach's house.

Matt and/or Lisa said...

For my own sake, I kind of wished that it was a top 50 list because I was enjoying it so much.

I know the feeling of things being so good and waiting for something bad to happen. But I also decided that the feeling can go on for quite some time - so maybe you'll have years of glory. And then, when you realize that "bad" thing you were waiting for is actually happening, you may still feel that life is pretty darn good. So don't sweat it...just enjoy it while you can!

L

Michelle said...

Court...that definitely reminds me of college and/or mission days. What doesn't kill you will make you stronger. I had some mission companions that made being dead look like a pretty good option. At least you don't have to hang out with them 24/7! Keep the updates coming...

Courtney said...

I made that top ten too soon guys, last night at like 11:30 I was laying in bed listening to two of my roommates curse each other out only to go bi-polar on me and a half hour later be laughing and saying I love you to each other. That definately would have made the list...

Katie L. said...

OH, don't worry about that last one Court, I do that to my kids every day!

Courtney said...

Ha ha, that's a funny bunny Kate. It gets even better though. Really, every time I open my mouth something else happens that by now I should be taking it as a hint to shut up before my apartment explodes. Today I was taking a shower and when I walk out (in my towel) I find Crissy's mom, dad, 22yr old brother, 15yr old sister, 10yr old sister, 5yr old brother and 9 year old neice all roaming around in various parts of our apartment. Yup, her family all lives in Provo and just stopped by to PICK UP HER LAUNDRY! Is that not insane???

Stephanie said...

I was also wishing that your top ten list would go on... it was so much fun to read! Made me laugh!

Tamara said...

Coach, all I can say is:

"Torny, did you like the fireworks? Huh?"