Thursday, October 4, 2007

"Air Fighting"... a twin thing???

So the girls have this new thing they do... sometimes when they fight, instead of actually making contact, such as pinching the other on the skin, scratching, pulling hair or even punching, they will pinch the air while giving the other a dirty look or scratch the air while giving a dirty look to the other, or punch the air (you get the picture) and then the other will start screaming and crying saying oweeee and holding on to a part of their body as if they really got hurt there. I'm usually right there trying to break up the "cold war" between the girls and so I KNOW that they didn't actually make contact. I'm just wondering.... does this happen their cousins or is this a "twin thing"???

6 comments:

Tamara said...

Sorry for posting right on top of yours Steph. Accidental timing, I swear. That is funny though!

Dale said...

Whew! Maybe the therapy is paying off after all.

The Queen said...

That is so funny! I can't say that my kids have ever done that, nor have I ever heard of any other kids doing it. And I have twin brothers. ;)

Michelle said...

Okay, I know boys "fake fight" all the time because jake and Carter do it but I get mad because inevitably the "fake fight" turns into one "accidentally" hitting the other...as far as the crying when they are fake hit...no idea. I think it's kind of funny though. Maybe it's just that her feelings are hurt for being fake pinched or whatever...I don't know but you should video tape it, either way...

Stephanie said...

Great idea about video taping it. I'll have to get our video camera charged and ready.

Katie L. said...

I've never seen air fighting either, my siblings and I were always full contact. My girls just scream and yell and whine at each other, they aren't especially physical. I'm thinking a boy might change that, and that I'd like to see him punch Emma when she loses her cool and screams at the little kids.