Monday, October 8, 2007

Progress...



This week has been busy for us. We have been preparing the backyard for a patio and grass to grow in. Well, this week, we finally got the patio slab put in. Turns out the patio cover was a bit out of our budget, so that will have to wait. But, we did get grass put in! Gotta love that sod. It's like insta yard. I am so happy to look out my window and see green! We went a little nuts later at the nursery and got some trees...a cherry for the boys, an apple for bella, an avocado for me, and Rick got two birds of paradise and a magnolia. Oh, and we got a Valencia orange...we thought we'd pay tribute to our roots...We will be planting as soon as we can get a hold of a jack hammer. Our soil is pretty much bedrock. Some friends from the ward showed up to help us with the sod and it only took a couple of hours. Now, if I can just keep the kids off it until it's ready to be trampled on, we'll be set! The other picture is Bella's room. It's too hard to get the whole room in there, so I just took a picture of Bella's bed. I made the curtain and pillows...Katie's mom inspired me this summer. I absolutely love how it looks. Now we just need some paint on the wall and a few more accents and we'll be done in there...

So, that's my house improvements for this week. I'm tagging Tammy to get some pictures of her house up...

9 comments:

The Queen said...

Those are so cute!!!!! I love them! The yard looks great, too. I'm sure James will be disappointed that he doesn't get to throw dirt bombs over the fence anymore, though. Can't wait to see it in person!!

Stephanie said...

Looks good!!!

Tamara said...

That is the most adorable kids room. It seriously looks like it's right out of pottery barn! How cute. Good for you! I can't wait for you to teach me to make pillows and stuff like that for my house!

Sorry about the lag time on the photos. I was sick all last week and Adam was running a one man show of unpacking, cooking, cleaning and painting. I'll see if I can unearth the camera cord.

Courtney said...

Your house is looking sooo good. I called mom the other day and she was on her way to your place and it made me sad because I wasn't going with her :/ I really like our summer escapes to Fresno.

Stephanie said...

I just noticed that the pillow and curtains have dragonflies... I LOVE dragonflies!!! So cute!

I'll be glad when I can get the girls room all decorated again. Right now, we have them downstairs in a make-shift bedroom and it's completely twin-proofed, which basically means completely boring and nothing but their beds. Still they manage to destroy that room!

Katie L. said...

Michelle, I'm impressed. I can't believe how fast you crank those things out. It takes me forever to finish projects like that! For example, I set aside some nightgowns that needed mending, and I got out my machine and did it during conference. It was great, I got all my little sewing jobs done and stayed awake the whole time. Only problem is, the nightgowns are now a foot too short for Emma...oops.

Stephanie said...

I thought the same thing as you, Kate. How in the world did you get those made so fast and right after moving into a new home? Moving into a home is work enough! Wish I were there so I could take sewing lessons from you... seems to come easy for you and I LOVE your style! I can't wait for Tammy to go out there cuz she mentioned that you were going to teach her to make curtains, etc.... I'm hoping when she gets back she can pass on the knowlegde to me. The bedroom is darling!!!

Carla said...

The house is looking really nice! Bella's bedroom looks so feminine.
The next time Judy and I come up to Clovis, I'd like to see your home.

Lisa said...

Yeah, I'm sitting here with no kids and no work and it will likely take me 2 days to make one curtain. My little sister said, "Well, if I were you I'd sew all my curtains and pillows during this month" and I laughed. I asked my mom how people do it all (I used to think I was pretty darn productive) and because she is always so good about protecting my self-esteem said, "oh, well, maybe they never sleep!" (this coming from the woman who just changed her curtains to the "harvest time curtains." bless her heart. And Michelle - get some sleep!!!